Non-default image files not deleting v2.4.4.0

edgar5

I have ImgBurn set to automatically delete the image file after using it to create a new disc. I am in the process of backing up my huge library of commercial music CDs so I had made lots of discs with previous versions of ImgBurn and had made about 50 with v2.4.4.0.

I had another program crash my OS while ImgBurn was reading a disc. After a reboot, I opened the folder where my image files are stored

This is by design and mentioned in the changelog.

Audio files (mp3, wav etc) are never deleted unless you untick the box telling it not to.

You can change the default destination options in the settings. Put it on 'None' and the whole 'automatic' thing won't kick in.

This is by design and mentioned in the changelog.

Audio files (mp3, wav etc) are never deleted unless you untick the box telling it not to.

You can change the default destination options in the settings. Put it on 'None' and the whole 'automatic' thing won't kick in.

I have the box ticked telling ImgBurn to delete the image after using it--for non-default images it does not honor this box. I do not want to enter a file name every time--the whole object of specifying a custom name. I want the automatic action to override the special case where ImgBurn picks up info from the CD and ignores my preference to use a custom name and delete it when done.

Whilst you might know what you mean by 'non-default image', I'm not you and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

So you want it automatic sometimes but not others?

Might I suggest you make your own program to fit 100% with YOUR needs?

Of course it could be as simple as me just allowing the user to override the default name when no volume label / CD-TEXT info is available for me to generate one from. Is that what you're getting at?

So rather than it defaulting to 'Image.iso' / 'Image.bin' etc it'll use your own name like 'non-default image.iso'. (This would still be with my 'calculated' file extension though)

Whilst you might know what you mean by 'non-default image', I'm not you and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm sorry that I am failing at clear communications. Let me try to be more clear while hopefully not annoying you further.

Sometimes when I read a commercial music CD the data is stored in my preferred folder with the file name

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.