IMGBurn doesn't load

douglaslort

If you want to provide us with a list of installed programs, you can do this easily if you run this program (freeware).

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html

Here is the .exe file:

http://cynthia.ownit.nu/ImgBurn/myuninst.exe

To create the list; Main Menu -> View -> HTML Report - All Items

Then just attache the created file into a posting window here.

==================================================

Entry Name : 2003th FireMagic! screensaver v2.5

Version : 51.9.0.0

Entry Name : 3D Windows XP Screen Saver

Version :

Entry Name : Acronis

I've tested it on a fully updated XP SP3 install and it works fine.

So although it *might* have stopped loading after an update, it's not the update itself that's causing the problem... probably some conflict with other software.

So far I haven't had any luck getting Imgburn to work. If all else fails, I will do a Windows XP reinstall. I have a backlog of ISO images to burn to DL discs. What program would you recommend using for this, if Imgburn was not available?

Edited by RetiredGator

Does anything interesting happen if you run it inside WinDbg?

I still find it odd that even the uncompressed exe won't run... I don't recall ever seeing that before. It's always been the upx compression that some low level app didn't like and was blocking.

NOW IT WORKS!

It seems to have been a virus. While I was working on the computer this afternoon, my BitDefender virus detection box kept popping up saying it had found and removed a Trojan Horse virus. It would pop up every 20 seconds referring to removing the same file - qeolmc.pnn in the Windows directory. I tried to delete the file myself, but I couldn't because the file was in use. I rebooted into the Recovery Console and deleted the file manually via the command prompt. When I rebooted into Windows XP, both DVD Decrypter and Imgburn started with no problem

I must have had this virus on my system for a couple of weeks now, because my computer has been acting a little weird. I guess the latest BitDefender update finally recognized it as a virus and tried to kill it. It must be fairly new - I did a Google search on this file name, and came up with no hits.

Anyway, thank God Imgburn is back, and thanks for your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.