warning... waiting for buffers to recover and Hard activity to reach threshold

kschwi

Should I be concerned about these warnings?

I 10:16:37 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 1459247)

W 10:17:05 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 102944)

W 10:17:11 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

I 10:17:12 Writing Sectors...

here is the complete log file

I 09:55:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 09:55:55 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 09:55:55 Total Physical Memory: 1,571,824 KB - Available: 700,652 KB

I 09:55:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:55:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:55:55 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD

I would be, yes.

The program is unable to get any sort of decent transfer rate from your hard drive... and it's so bad that it can't even sustain an 8x burn.

Is the hard drive (C:\) being used by other programs whilst you're burning? If so, shut them down.

I would be, yes.

The program is unable to get any sort of decent transfer rate from your hard drive... and it's so bad that it can't even sustain an 8x burn.

Is the hard drive (C:\) being used by other programs whilst you're burning? If so, shut them down.

Thanks for you reply. I'm not sure if the (C:\) is being used while burning but I did have plenty of windows open. Should I leave the computer idle while I write? Is that the cause of the problem?

It did says the operation was successful. Do you think those copies are ok?

Edited by kschwi

I would be, yes.

Now that I think about it, Avg was running a virus scan. That would use the C:\ drive.

Random reads/writes to the drive will kill the sequential transfer rate that ImgBurn relies upon when burning.

So yeah, make sure the PC isn't doing anything silly like doing a full virus scan, defragging, indexing etc.

Of course when it's not burning, it's a good idea to run a full defrag on the drive - oh and don't use the standard windows one, it's awful. If you need a freebie, use defraggler.

Do you think those copies are ok?

Test your discs for PI Errors and Failures in DVDInfoPro or Ner0 CDSpeed. Post a picture of the graphs.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.