WaitImmediateIO: Session Fixation Error Writing Lead Out

Seany123

Okay so i have a little problem,

Firstly let me say that this doesnt happen when burning things like dvds etc which are using DVD-RW disks....

my problem is that when burning content of around 6gb + onto a dual layer disk (verbatim)... it goes all the way through to 99-100% and when finalising, i get these errors which say "WaitImmediateIO" and "Session Fixation Error Writing Lead Out" etc...

here is the Log...

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Saturday, 16 May 2009, 18:41:02

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 18:06:03 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 18:06:03 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 18:06:03 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,972 KB - Available: 937,216 KB

I 18:06:03 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:06:03 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:06:03 Found 1 DVD

2lwuknq.png

oh right i see...

clearly you can tell i know literally nothing about this part of computing...

ive downloaded the firmware and its now installing (it is taking quite a while just saying "Please wat... update in progress..." however im sure it will change soon ;)

also, i don't understand how the old firmware didn't work (like it had been the whole time ive had the drive). considering the updated firmware is like 2 years old.

make sure to reboot your PC after your done updating,,,,

also, those DVD Burners are old now... in my opinion...

if you still have problems, i suggest you invest 30$ on a new recent one!

Edited by eSkRo

I 18:07:10 Destination Device: [1:0:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L 0514 (E:) (RAID)

You can get odd results if the burner is attached to a RAID set up SATA connector. Tried to attach it to an non RAID connector?

Sometimes you can change the setting in the BIOS from RAID to IDE. See the manual of your mother board.

:)

i now installed the new firmware and restarted the pc and when i opened imgburn and looked at the drive it says... "TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L 0514 (RAID)"

which is no different than before.... ill try installing again.

Edited by Seany123

Try this utility from Samsung and see if it shows all the information (your SATA controller in RAID mode could be blocking the firmware update).

i bought this pc and it came with the drive... it has a sata slot on the motherboard...

(quite awhile ago i had a problem with (no writers found) so i attached the drive to my via4951 chipset (or something))

i just now put the original sata cable coming from the sata slot on the motherboard back into the dvd drive and when i opened imgburn i got this..

"No writers detected"

i went to READ mode and got

"WHANUBG OPQBK1M 1.03 (SCSI)

but it doesnt recognise when i put a disk in the drive...

is this error fixable? or should i attach the drive back up to the chipset?

in the log it also says this:

I 02:40:34 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 02:40:34 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 02:40:34 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,972 KB - Available: 1,136,784 KB

I 02:40:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 02:40:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 02:40:34 Found 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!

Edited by Seany123

Seems like the motherboard SATA controller is disabled in the BIOS so you should have a look there.

//edit I have a motherboard with a VIA SATA controller in RAID mode (can't change it) and it doesn't to update the firmware or change booktype with a Samsung burner, so that's probably why you couldn't update the firmware.

WHANUBG OPQBK1M 1.03 (SCSI)

That drive is a virtual one from DAEMON Tools / Alcohol 120%

right i looked in F10 setup... and it says SATA1 controller mode: RAID, IDE or ATAPI (maybe)

i tried all 3 using IDE the computer would crash everytime it tried to start up and using RAID and the ATAPI, imgburn still gave me the "no writer detected" error.

What's the brand and model of your motherboard? Use SIW to find out if you're not sure :)

i cant get on my other computer at the moment because its installinh windows vist service pack.

but when i get a chance, ill check the motherboard.

What's the brand and model of your motherboard? Use SIW to find out if you're not sure :)

i cant get on my other computer at the moment because its installinh windows vist service pack.

but when i get a chance, ill check the motherboard.

Just a quick update, i put the dvd-drive back with the via chipset... i then tried that thing to test my drive and the program showed this...

DRIVE: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H653L0514

MODEL NAME: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H653L

VERSION: 0514

OEM code: 1

im check my motherboard thing also.

MOTHERBOARD details:

Manufacturer ASUSTek Computer INC.

Model LOCKTITE

Version 5.00

Serial Number MS1C73S33502421

North Bridge Intel i945P/PL/G/GZ Revision A2

South Bridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) Revision A2

CPU Intel

Edited by Seany123

I think the VIA controller is blocking the firmware update, so you'll have to get the burner working on the ICH7R controller (the onboard one) before you can update the firmware. That or you could use a SATA-to-USB adapter if you have one lying around :)

Does the computer boot normally when you set the onboard controller to ATAPI (isn't it AHCI)?

I think the VIA controller is blocking the firmware update, so you'll have to get the burner working on the ICH7R controller (the onboard one) before you can update the firmware. That or you could use a SATA-to-USB adapter if you have one lying around :)

Does the computer boot normally when you set the onboard controller to ATAPI (isn't it AHCI)?

yeah it could be AHCI...

and yes it does boot normally, however imgburn says ("Writer not detected"

Please make sure it's indeed AHCI, and if it is, use it. When you boot in AHCI mode install this and then this one. Reboot the computer just to be sure and try ImgBurn again.

Also, could you look at your motherboard and see if you can find its model? It's usually printed in the center, between the PCI slots or at the border, and may look like "P5(something)VM" or "MX".

Please make sure it's indeed AHCI, and if it is, use it. When you boot in AHCI mode install this and then this one. Reboot the computer just to be sure and try ImgBurn again.

Also, could you look at your motherboard and see if you can find its model? It's usually printed in the center, between the PCI slots or at the border, and may look like "P5(something)VM" or "MX".

yeah i just checked its deffinately AHCI... so ill install them htings in a second...

because i have a slimline computer everything is all way to crushed together to really be able to see anything but i did use that swi.exe and it gave some motherboard info...

Model: LOCKTITE

Serial Number: MS1C73S33502421

Okay i have successfully downloaded and installed the things you linked me to...

i then restarted the computer and it actually found the drive...

so i then used the firmware update link and re downloaded the firmware... that also Sucessfully installed... i just restarted my computer and it updated the dvd drive and said "ready to use"

ive opened Imgburn and it says:

"TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L 0714 (ATAPI)

now is there anything else i should do before i try burning (potentially ruining) another verb disk??

i now tried this out and pretty much the whole process went fine except the game on the disk seems to be not working >.<

heres the log:

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; Thursday, 21 May 2009, 18:58:16

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 18:17:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 18:17:38 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:17:38 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,860 KB - Available: 1,083,828 KB

I 18:17:38 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:17:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:17:38 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Seany123

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.