HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA T50L ATA Device

m1e1w1

I get a few errors here and there about, HO layer not correct, and or write faild at the beginning of the burn session if it manages to pass lead in.

I have verbatim dvd+R DL useing a notebook drive, HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA T50L ATA Device on windows vista home premium.

I had been able to burn 1 disc complete but it dosent read. i cant make sure the book type for my drive is set to DVD-ROM, none of the options will allow it. i dont even know if anything burns to the disc, accept when the program shows disc incomplete or complete when i insert it.

1. what im wondering is my drive compatible with this program?

2. is what seems to be stock firmware compatable and current?

3. is there a work around to make sure i can change the book type to dvd-rom DL?

i tryed nero, and roxio and they dont even see the drive. atleast imageburn shows the drive exists, other then windows explorer.

i dont know the manufacture of the drive, or the firmware, but the drive says it is DVD+RW DL dvd multi recorder with lightscribe. provided installed with hp notebook dv7-t 2000 CTO.

That's an LG burner, and ImgBurn automatically booktypes +R media on LG burners, provided that the burner supports it. Also, all newer burners booktype DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM by themselves, so I don't think you need to worry about this. If you insert a burned disc the booktype is shown under "Physical Information (Last Recorded)".

Can you post a log of a failed burn? Look in ImgBurn's Help menu.

• 3 months later...

Well, i checked for firmware update, and i do have the latest version, sc05 according to the site it pulls up. which leads me to conclude there might be something wrong with the drive itself. so i sent for a replacement through HP. The logs indicate random faults that stop burining after around 1% to 5% saying sector write failure. using the drive, to burn reguler dvd-r discs also seemed to fail, and i also tryed burning a cd-r, which failed as well. i apreciate the help in checking with what the fourm suggested. thank you, but i think at this point i need a new drive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.