XBX360

BLKGAIDEN

Please review my attachment.

First time user of Imgburn trying to backup my 360 Game Gun.

Using Kreon Samsung Drive for Reading and extracting DVD files from my Game Gun

Using Schtrom 4.0.

Using Verbatim Discs DVD+R DL.

This is the last step as far as I can see and I qwite can't get pass the finish line. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BLKGAIDEN

Writing_360.doc

BTW...also using an external Pioneer DVD/CD writer DVR-X162Q MULTI FORMAT COMPATIBILITY 20X MAXIMUM DVD-R/+R WRITING SPEED in combination of Imgburn to write my game. Thanks.

BLKGAIDEN

When that happened, were you able to cancel the burn/close ImgBurn normally? Also please post your Filter Driver Load Order (look in the Tools menu).

When i attempt to cancel the writing process Imgburn continues to elapse time without allowing me to exit. The only way that i am able to cancel and exit the process is if I shut down the power of the external hard drive and only then can I eject my disc and cancel the writing process.

What version of ImgBurn are you using? Post a real log instead of a word doucument with pictures. See the Help menu.

Regards

My version of Imgburn is the most recent version. 2.4.4. I have seen the older versions and know what they look like.

How many times did you try?!

Does safe mode pick up USB drives? If it does, try flashing in that.

Failing that, you might just have a bad usb chipset in your machine and the enclosure the drive is in doesn't like it very much.

Don't forget to post your filter driver load order info too please - mmalves asked for it earlier.

How many times did you try?!

Does safe mode pick up USB drives? If it does, try flashing in that.

Failing that, you might just have a bad usb chipset in your machine and the enclosure the drive is in doesn't like it very much.

Don't forget to post your filter driver load order info too please - mmalves asked for it earlier.

I apologize for not being familiar with the technical talk and all...which explains the reason for my attachments. I figure pictures save a thousand words. Still experiencing the same problems even after updating the firmware on my Pioneer External Hardrive. Not sure what to do next. I appreciate your help. You asked how many times have I tried this...well lets just say I started out with a spindle of 20 discs and now am down to 9. Total of 11 attempts with no success =(

Firmware_Failed.doc

Imgburn_Log.doc

Edited by BLKGAIDEN

I meant how many times did you try the firmware update?

I tried the firmware update about 4 times. After each attempt I recieve a prompt telling me "Failed to Normal Mode"

"Do you retry to update" Yes or No? How many times should I attempt to update the firmware before I chuck my computer out a 10 story building? =)

Edited by BLKGAIDEN

Can you try that drive on another computer? If you can, try the firmware update on the other computer too.

Unfortunately I only have this one computer here in my house.

have you got possibly a different drive you could use as a tester or get hold of another instead of throwing the whole pc out of the window? Sounds as if your drive is on the way out if its not updating the firmware or as other people have said, test your burner on a friends pc as its just an allimination process. =)

Can you try that drive on another computer? If you can, try the firmware update on the other computer too.

Unfortunately I only have this one computer here in my house.

have you got possibly a different drive you could use as a tester or get hold of another instead of throwing the whole pc out of the window? Sounds as if your drive is on the way out if its not updating the firmware or as other people have said, test your burner on a friends pc as its just an allimination process. =)

The update was successful!!! However,

I noticed that the booktype still reads DVD+R and not DVD-RW. Shouldn't the booktype reflect this change in order for the write to be successful?

Additionally, I heard that it is also recommended to enable my Drives bitsetting. Where can I activiate this setting?

One more question...even the though the firmware update was successfu does the Firmware HQ update # have to match my External hard drive model # that i am writing onto? I noticed that my model is a DVR-X126Q. And the one recommended by Lightening UK was a DVR-216R.

Actually one more question once i've made this firmware update onto my drive could I still take back the drive to the store and get one that you guys recommend even though I updated firmware onto it? Thanks!!!

I recently returned my LG drive in which is noted in this post in which i wrote a few weeks ago. I updated the firmware and then sent back the drive and ebuyer didn't question it.

As for you if your not happy with the drive you should be entilted to a full refund. So it shouldn't be an issue. Does depend on how long you've had it though.

Sorry I can't answer to the rest of your post.

Edited by Big Big Nose

I recently returned my LG drive in which is noted in this post in which i wrote a few weeks ago. I updated the firmware and then sent back the drive and ebuyer didn't question it.

As for you if your not happy with the drive you should be entilted to a full refund. So it shouldn't be an issue. Does depend on how long you've had it though.

Sorry I can't answer to the rest of your post.

aCCORDING TO THE IMG LOG 23:15 Drive D:\(FAT 32) does not support single files >4GB in size. i getting a warning symbol within the log. I wonder could this be the problem. Please take a look at my attached log. Thanks

IMGL_2.doc

I meant how many times did you try the firmware update?

Firmware has been updated. However, I am still recieving this warning within my IMG Log:

23:15 Drive D:\(FAT 32) does not support single files >4GB in size. I'm getting a warning symbol within the log. I wonder could this be the problem? Please take a look at my attached log. The message in the bottom left hand corner says "Writing Sectors" Shouldn't it say "Writing Lead in" ? Thanks

IMGL_2.doc

Edited by BLKGAIDEN

Read what the line says!

The problem is that FAT32 (which is the file system used on your D: drive) doesn't support single files greater than 4GB in size.

The only 'fix' is to stop using FAT32 and to switch to NTFS.

Notice that the line in the log is a warning and not an error... i.e. it probably won't make any real difference to you. ImgBurn will just have to split the files into 4GB chunks if you try to put them on that drive.

Read what the line says!

The problem is that FAT32 (which is the file system used on your D: drive) doesn't support single files greater than 4GB in size.

The only 'fix' is to stop using FAT32 and to switch to NTFS.

Notice that the line in the log is a warning and not an error... i.e. it probably won't make any real difference to you. ImgBurn will just have to split the files into 4GB chunks if you try to put them on that drive.

How do I switch from FAT 32 to NTFS on my D: Drive? Sorry...i'm new to all this. . One more question...even the though the firmware update was successfu does the Firmware HQ update # have to match my External hard drive model # that i am writing onto? I noticed that my model is a DVR-X126Q. And the one recommended by Lightening UK was a DVR-216R.

You don't need to ask me how to do it, just ask Google!

In any case, Open up a command prompt window and type:

convert d: /fs:ntfs

DVR-X126Q is the retail name, the drive identifies itself as a DVR-216R... you can see that for yourself inside ImgBurn.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Lightening UK how's it going

hay I'm having a little prob burning and I'm hoping you can help

I just got the DVR-X162Q

and I'm using it with Imgburn

on my HP Pavilion dv2500 laptop

with vista home Premium

well I see you know about this burner so can you

send me a reply on how to set it up

like a step by step guide plz I'm so lost

or any one ell's who can help me

with my prob it will be greatly appreciated thank you

Edited by eyoo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.