Changing BookType on Optiarc Drive

dablondi

I need to change the Book type on my Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A so that ImgBurn will read a Wii disc. When I go to the Tools/Drive/Book type selection I do not see OPtiarc as an OEM tab. Does this mean Optiarc drives are not supported by ImgBurn for changing the book type?

Optiarcs use the NEC command set, so that's the tab you should be using

The option has no bearing on ImgBurn's ability to read a disc though, it only applies to burning - and the program will automatically booktype to DVD-ROM on Optiarc drives anyway.

Optiarcs use the NEC command set, so that's the tab you should be using

The option has no bearing on ImgBurn's ability to read a disc though, it only applies to burning - and the program will automatically booktype to DVD-ROM on Optiarc drives anyway.

OK Thanks - pretty nifty response too!!

If the book type setting is just for burning there I appear to have another problem - Why is (my Optiarc / ImgBurn not recognizing / reading the Wii disc??

I am desperate to get my Wii discs backed up before my 5 yr old turns them all into

Wii discs aren't like normal discs and they simply aren't readable in the vast majority of drives.

Even if they were physically readable, I expect they're protected against casual copying anyway.

ImgBurn makes no attempt to bypass copy protection on discs and we cannot help you with anything on that subject either I'm afraid.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.