Freeware to view ImgBurn .ibg files.

Daystrom M5

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha, sorry. Select first Write mode and load an .iso file with a volume label included - then you should see it in that preview window.

:)

OK...so I tried my "new" process for DVD backup.

DVDFabHD Free to HDD

Nero Recode to HDD to fit to SL size

ImgBrn Build/Write/Verify

Burnplot to look at graph

My IBG file name came out: enemy_at_the_gates_2009-07-10_4-03_PM_12x.ibg {Very Helpful}

However, when I open the IBG file with Burnplot it is too bad that the Volume Identifier is not displayed....is it not in the graph file or does BurnPlot not pull ?

Here is my trial test.....what do you think ?

post-11721-1247257853_thumb.png

Edited by thekochs

However, when I open the IBG file with Burnplot it is too bad that the Volume Identifier is not displayed....is it not in the graph file or does BurnPlot not pull ?

It's in the graph source from ImgBurn, but...

It used to display the volume label so I'm sure that field could be added back in.

The write speed graph looks like a Nec (Optiarc).

The verify (read) speed is never above 6x. Seems to be an issue. Sure it's on 'MAX'?

Never had/or have Daemon Tools installed?

Hmm good point, that's 2 things that could be added then.

The volume label and the drive info.

The full drive info is quite long though so perhaps that could go under everything else?

Well, that or as the top item in the file info box but without a 'heading' type thing.

The full drive info is quite long though so perhaps that could go under everything else?

Well, that or as the top item in the file info box but without a 'heading' type thing.

Wouldn't it look nicer to have it under the whole thing (in the bottom of the current window)?

smiley-painter.gif

The write speed graph looks like a Nec (Optiarc).

The verify (read) speed is never above 6x. Seems to be an issue. Sure it's on 'MAX'?

Never had/or have Daemon Tools installed?

It's a LG GSA-H55L firmware latest v1.06.

Never had Daemon Tools....of course have alot of item loaded on this PC, codecs, including CCCP, Pinnacle, etc. for audio & video editing.

Overall it seems fast enough for me...it's an 3Gh Intel P4 with XP SP3 with 4GB RAM...I walk away at Burn and Verify and come back.

I'm willing to trade-off a little longer cycle tiem for more reliable burn.

I use Verbatim DL Singapore only DVD+R and for SL Verbatim DVD-R....haven't found Singapore made but Taiwan seems OK.

Hello,

Added the volume label and drive info to the "ImgBurn File Info".

Latest version attached. [Edited - Previous Version Removed, See Current Post For Latest Version]

If any information is too long to fit in the display area the excess will just disappear off to the right hand side. I hope this is an acceptable compromise.

I placed the data in what I thought was a logical order. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Daystrom M5

Personally I'd have said the drive is the most important thing and should be at the top... then the media id.

You could have that (the drive one) on it's own (left aligned) with a separator bar between it and the stuff below. Then it can fill the entire width of the groupbox - which still probably isn't wide enough for a lot of drives. Don't forget to include the firmware version in that line too.

Oh and as a hint, compress multiple spaces in the drive id into 1 space. (I string replace " " (space space) with " " (space) in a loop until the string stops changing)

Is it just me or are the top y-axis labels off their lines compared to the bottom ones? 2x shows up dead in the middle but 24x kinda sits on top. (Yes, I'm just picking now :P )

Hello,

Yea, the labels are at the "snap to grid" default spacing. I can adjust to make them line up with the graph lines.

I am thinking I can put the drive info ("DEVICE_MAKEMODEL") on the top line and the firmware version on a line below that ("DEVICE_FIRMWAREVERSION") to ensure it is readable.

Is there any DVDInfoPro "info" I can eliminate to free up a line so I can add the firmware info ?

I'm sure the plotting options could be condensed a tiny bit to give you the required extra pixels.

If you added another 8 or 16 pixels to the groupbox (and window) width you could probably get the plotting options in 2 columns (like the DIP ones) - especially if you lose the 'Plot' text.

Shrinking the colour boxes by a pixel or 2 would allow you to move the box + checkbox + text lines closes together too. That and the top + bottom padding would be more than enough.

Just mess around with it a bit, I'm sure you'll be able to keep it looking ok (and how you want it) whilst fitting all the required info in.

You could have that (the drive one) on it's own (left aligned) with a separator bar between it and the stuff below. Then it can fill the entire width of the groupbox - which still probably isn't wide enough for a lot of drives. Don't forget to include the firmware version in that line too.

True. A Pioneer will not show the model#.

post-20-1247319486_thumb.png

post-20-1247319551_thumb.png

THE_INCREDIBLE_HULK_PIONEER_DVD_RW_DVR_115D_1.22_DEN_29_MARS_2009_20_40_MCC_004_00_6x.ibg

Hello,

Let me verify what everyone wants before I start rearranging things again.

It sounds like I should display the information as follows :

1. Drive name. (Should be the full width of the "ImgBurn File Info" frame.)

2. Drive firmware version.

3. Disc label.

4. to 18. All DVDInfoPro information.

Since DVDInfoPro does not display them, how did you do without items 1-3 before ?

Tried BurnPlot on my Windows Me computer and it wouldn't start. The file GDIPLUS.DLL was missing. Downloaded the GDIPLUS.DLL file and then it worked without any issues.

I guess the same issue will happen on Windows 2000 and NT computers.

Save the GDIPLUS.DLL file in this location:

Windows 9x/Me - \windows\system

Windows 2000/NT - \windows\system32

Hello,

Is this going to be a problem ?

As you know, the GDIplus.dll is used to create the .png screen capture images.

GDI+ is provided with Windows XP and compatible, but not provided, with every version of Windows beyond Windows 95.

If anyone has sample code that creates .png images without using the GDI+ library I could use that to eliminate the issue.

Suggestions ?

Tried BurnPlot on my Windows Me computer and it wouldn't start. The file GDIPLUS.DLL was missing. Downloaded the GDIPLUS.DLL file and then it worked without any issues.

I guess the same issue will happen on Windows 2000 and NT computers.

Save the GDIPLUS.DLL file in this location:

Windows 9x/Me - \windows\system

Windows 2000/NT - \windows\system32

It was already loaded in my PC....Windows XP Pro SP3 will all latest updates.

Edited by thekochs

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.