Freeware to view ImgBurn .ibg files.

Daystrom M5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Daystrom M5, I'm trying to run BurnPlot through wine and I get the following error:

fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)

err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id 0, flags 0x2!

fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_FindConnectionPoint no connection point for {33ad4ed2-6699-11cf-b70c-00aa0060d393}

fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_FindConnectionPoint no connection point for {33ad4ed2-6699-11cf-b70c-00aa0060d393}

fixme:ntdll:RtlNtStatusToDosErrorNoTeb no mapping for c0000109

Also the attached error.

Do you know what runtimes I might be missing?

post-1457-125987476377.png

Hi ssjkakaroto,

I am not too familiar with running VB applications under Wine but I am guessing you do not have the VB Runtime libraries installed on your system.

http://www.winehq.co...C-APPS-WONT-RUN

EDIT : Just wanted to make sure you are running BurnPlot 1.0.1.5 - this is the latest version and does not require the comdlg32.ocx

You still need comdlg32.dll to run the program - I think this will be installed with the VB 6.0 runtime library.

Edited by Daystrom M5

Hi Daystrom M5, I found something about it, but I still don't know how to fix it. I already had the VB 6.0 runtimes installed.

Run Time Error 438 - Object Doesn't Support this Property or Method

The most common cause of error 438 is not maintaining binary compatibility between successive versions of your components. Each COM interface has an associated GUID that is called an interface ID (IID). Each coclass has an associated GUID that is called class ID (CLSID). When you compile an ActiveX component in Visual Basic, the CLSIDs and IIDs are compiled into the component's type library.

Example

A program that consists of a Visual Basic client and an ActiveX DLL is released to the user community. At a later time, additional functionality is to be added to the DLL component. The necessary modifications are made, and the ActiveX DLL is compiled without maintaining binary compatibility. When the DLL is released, the client that is trying to use the DLL will throw run time error 438. The reason this occurs is that when the DLL was compiled, a fresh set of GUIDs was compiled into the DLL, and the client has no reference to these new GUIDs. This is why it is important to maintain binary compatibility with the last-released version of the component when you are trying to release a newer version.

Another example for the runtime error 438 would be including the wrong version of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) in the distribution package. For example, a Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 5 program is built on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 by using the latest version of MDAC that is present (version 2.6). When the distribution is built, an earlier version of MDAC (version 2.5) is used (unless MDAC 2.6 is downloaded), causing an error 438 to be thrown when the distributed program is run.

Another scenario would be misspelled method or property names, and this scenario is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

This may be as simple as adding a reference for the ActiveX data Access Object that the older Access database would have used created.

For instance if you are now using Excel 2003 as a database with ADO2.8 library and the Access records were created using ADO2.4 (as an example). The differences within the newer library may not be supported.

By adding a reference to the older ADO dll that the Access database used to create the records this may fix the issue.

Hi ssjkakaroto,

Hate to shotgun this, but, I have a few suggestions.

The first line of your console output seems to reference the comctl32.dll and/or comctl32.ocx. Check to see that you have these installed.

Cynthia found she needed to install the GDIPLUS.DLL when she installed BurnPlot on an earlier verison of Windows. This is a link to her previous post : http://forum.imgburn...indpost&p=99551

Another guess would be the need for the oleaut32.dll.

And again, make sure you have comdlg32.dll and/or comdlg32.ocx installed.

I can attach the versions of these files used on my system if you need them.

Perhaps you could use this to help you find what is missing : http://www.dependencywalker.com/

• 3 months later...
The attached file that was first posted HERE shows all the plotted information squished. Could this be improved by being able to manually and/or automatically scale the plot window to allow for viewing of the actual data? Here the data is plotted in an area that is less than a inch wide, with the remaining area nothing more than a large void.

Dunno if DM5 comes back here ever, but I too find the vertical scale to be "too much" for most of my burns, which are in the range of 2.4x to 8x, and never anywhere close to 24x so most of my plots are tiny to say the least. Any way to change the vertical scale? Or auto-size based on highest speed encountered or something?

BTW are these IBG files readable by any other app?

...you can open them in Notepad if you so wish ;)
Yeah if only that made any sense to me! :wacko:

I took a look at DVDInfoPro and it doesn't have variable scaling either, so I guess I hope the OP will enhance his tool to be better than that! ;)

@ laserfan

I just noticed your question. Sorry for the late reply.

You say your burn speeds "are in the range of 2.4x to 8x". What type of media are you talking about ? Blu-ray ? I only have one Blu-ray .ibg file to go by but it appears that most Blu-ray burners are only capable of the speeds you mentioned.

I wrote BurnPlot to provide a freeware substitute for the ImgBurn .ibg data plotting function of DVDInfoPro. To allow the two programs to be used interchangeably in the forums I tried to recreate the output of DVDInfoPro as closely as I could. To mimic the DVDInfoPro plots the CD speed scale maximum is set to 50x and the DVD (etc...) speed scale maximum is set to 25x.

I suppose a switch could be added that would allow the user to select a non-standard BD media speed scale maximum of 12.5x. I will look at it when I get some time. Could you provide some of your .ibg files so I can use them for testing ?

@ LIGHTNING UK!

I have not had DVDInfoPro installed since my initial trial expired. Have you noticed any changes to the BD plot scaling used on the latest version ?

Hi Daystrom M5! My BD-R burns are either 2.4x or 4x and my DVD burns are usually 8x even with 16x media, and I never do CDs which I understand can be in the higher range. I'll try later to post a pic or two.

AFAICT you are still in lock-sync with DVDInfoPro relative to scaling, though I'll admit I haven't done a lot of comparisons. Thanks for your reply and tool!

• 1 month later...

@Daystrom M5

Is it possible to save user settings ?, because i'd like to configure BurnPlot to only show Verify Speed on top window, but it doesn't remember my settings when i close it. 

Thanks !!.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.