ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Freeware to view ImgBurn .ibg files.

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181 laserfan

laserfan

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

The attached file that was first posted HERE shows all the plotted information squished. Could this be improved by being able to manually and/or automatically scale the plot window to allow for viewing of the actual data? Here the data is plotted in an area that is less than a inch wide, with the remaining area nothing more than a large void.

Dunno if DM5 comes back here ever, but I too find the vertical scale to be "too much" for most of my burns, which are in the range of 2.4x to 8x, and never anywhere close to 24x so most of my plots are tiny to say the least. Any way to change the vertical scale? Or auto-size based on highest speed encountered or something?

BTW are these IBG files readable by any other app?

#182 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,085 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

Originally it was just DVDInfoPro that could read them. Now, BurnPlot and Opti Drive Control can read (display) them too.

They're just text files so obviously you can open them in Notepad if you so wish ;)
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#183 laserfan

laserfan

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

...you can open them in Notepad if you so wish ;)

Yeah if only that made any sense to me! :wacko:

I took a look at DVDInfoPro and it doesn't have variable scaling either, so I guess I hope the OP will enhance his tool to be better than that! ;)

#184 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

@ laserfan

I just noticed your question. Sorry for the late reply.

You say your burn speeds "are in the range of 2.4x to 8x". What type of media are you talking about ? Blu-ray ? I only have one Blu-ray .ibg file to go by but it appears that most Blu-ray burners are only capable of the speeds you mentioned.

I wrote BurnPlot to provide a freeware substitute for the ImgBurn .ibg data plotting function of DVDInfoPro. To allow the two programs to be used interchangeably in the forums I tried to recreate the output of DVDInfoPro as closely as I could. To mimic the DVDInfoPro plots the CD speed scale maximum is set to 50x and the DVD (etc...) speed scale maximum is set to 25x.

I suppose a switch could be added that would allow the user to select a non-standard BD media speed scale maximum of 12.5x. I will look at it when I get some time. Could you provide some of your .ibg files so I can use them for testing ?

@ LIGHTNING UK!

I have not had DVDInfoPro installed since my initial trial expired. Have you noticed any changes to the BD plot scaling used on the latest version ?

#185 laserfan

laserfan

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

Hi Daystrom M5! My BD-R burns are either 2.4x or 4x and my DVD burns are usually 8x even with 16x media, and I never do CDs which I understand can be in the higher range. I'll try later to post a pic or two.

AFAICT you are still in lock-sync with DVDInfoPro relative to scaling, though I'll admit I haven't done a lot of comparisons. Thanks for your reply and tool!

#186 sas2000

sas2000

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:50 AM

@Daystrom M5

Is it possible to save user settings ?, because i'd like to configure BurnPlot to only show Verify Speed on top window, but it doesn't remember my settings when i close it. 

Thanks !!.

"Give me six lines written by the most honorable of men, and I will find an excuse in them to hang him" (Richelieu)

#187 sup3rsprt

sup3rsprt

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

I was just searching for a free utility that could plot the Imgburn data and I came across this. I was already registered here so just wanted to pop in and say thanks. Nice work! :)

#188 MDOC

MDOC

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:41 AM

Glad I didn't buy DVDInfoPro before I found BurnPlot.  Interesting result.  Thanks for developing it.

#189 FuckThisShit

FuckThisShit

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:38 AM

Wow, community stuff is cool. Thanks Daystorm M5, can't wait to open my first .IBG !

Edited by FuckThisShit, 18 May 2016 - 01:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users