ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Freeware to view ImgBurn .ibg files.

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#61 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

Suggestion.

Would it be possible to show the local formatting (as they are set up in the Windows settings) of dates?

Posted Image

DATE=15-05-2009 04:41:21

090619f.png

As an example, in a Swedish system it should show up as:

Date / Time
2009-05-15 04:41:21

#62 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:51 AM

Hello,

Another new version of BurnPlot attached. [Edited - Previous Version Removed, See Current Post For Latest Version]

@ Cynthia - I think I have addressed all of your issues except for date/time formatting. I display the information as read from the .ibg files. If local formatting is something that DVDInfoPro does then I will look into it.

@ LIGHTNING UK! - I cheated and added the manifest file to the compiled .exe with Resource Hacker.

@ Everyone - I think the program only has a couple of thousand problems now. Let me know how it looks.

Thanks.

Edited by Daystrom M5, 22 June 2009 - 12:43 PM.

#63 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

If local formatting is something that DVDInfoPro does then I will look into it.

It is.

If the IBG's formatting changed depending on who created them, you wouldn't be able to look at other peoples with different formatting (or at least it would be more difficult). For that reason, everything is written with UK (and US I guess) formatting and the conversion is done at the displaying tool's end.

Thanks again for your work on this, we do all appreciate it :)

As an idea, could you change 'Raw Data' / 'Average Data' to a couple of radio boxes? It looks a bit odd when 'Raw Data' is unchecked and yet that's the one that's valid.

So it would be

'O Raw O Average [10]'

where O is the radio button and [10] is the combobox.

I'm not sure you need the 'shown' / 'hidden' text next to the comboboxes of the graph lines.

The colour boxes + checkboxes is loooooads better though :)

Can you get the 'Save' function working with a dialog box too rather than always saying to the desktop?

Oh and rather than using a menu in the way you are, use a toolbar instead (with images). A menu should have the drop downs, yours goes against how every other program functions and doesn't work how a typical user would expect it to.

It's that or put 'Open Graph File...' (or 'Open IBG File...') and 'Save Screenshot...' under a 'File' menu. 'About' is typically under a 'Help' menu.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#64 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

Thanks again for your work on this, we do all appreciate it :)

I fully agree. The new design of the plot boxes looks good! Posted Image

Do yo have any plans to add support for local language files? Like if there is a text file in the same folder as the program - it will use the translated text strings in the program. That would be a nice thing for non English users.

:)

#65 cornholio7

cornholio7

ISF Holio

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:Canon dslr's, computers

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

i like it. looks much better now :)

#66 eSkRo

eSkRo

ISF Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

Great Job!!!!
Starting to look Awesome!!!

is it possible to save the png graph data file on my --> Desktop
instead of --> Application Data\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files ?

Edited by eSkRo, 20 June 2009 - 09:00 PM.

Posted Image

#67 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:44 AM

Can you get the 'Save' function working with a dialog box too rather than always saying to the desktop?

I hadn't actually noticed the desktop -> appdata change but the request still stands ;)
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#68 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

Hello,

Yet another "latest version" of BurnPlot attached. [Edited - Previous Version Removed, See Current Post For Latest Version]

Made the following changes :

1.) Use localized settings for .ibg date and time data formatting.

2.) Changed 'Raw Data' / 'Average Data' selection to radio boxes.

3.) Removed 'Shown' / 'Hidden' / 'No Data' text from plot selection descriptions.

4.) Use common dialog for open file and save file functions. (Open file defaults to user selected ImgBurn graph file folder. Save defaults to desktop.)

5.) Standardized drop down menu selections.

I think I see light at the end of the tunnel but I am not sure.

Take it out for a spin and let me know how it works.

Thanks.

Edited by Daystrom M5, 23 June 2009 - 10:00 AM.

#69 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

Looks good my end although I'm not convinced you're getting the 32bit 16x16 icon in the taskbar or top left corner of the app window... it looks more like the 4bit colour one.

DVD-ROM can be SL or DL (there is no distinction between the two - the same is true for BD-ROM, BD-R and BD-RE), this means your scale will need to be adjusted based on 'MEDIA_CAPACITY' and/or 'MEDIA_LAYER_BREAK' ('MEDIA_LAYER_BREAK' isn't used/valid for BD media). Can you plot another red virtical line if 'MEDIA_LAYER_BREAK' is present/valid in the IBG?

The RPM lines aren't right for a DL read (haven't checked burn) yet... or in general (when compared to DVDInfoPro) if I'm honest (yours seem to curve?!). You really should ask over at cdfreaks for help with that, I'm sure someone will know how to do it and will have used it in their own project somewhere. If your lines aren't right, it's probably better they're not there at all... I can't say that I pay any attempt to RPM anyway and would probably survive without them until a fool proof solution has been found.

If you made the window a bit wider, do you think you could put the info onto 1 line rather than 2? Then you'd have room for all the stuff you've missed off (when compared to DVDInfoPro's viewer - things like speed start/end/avg/max etc).

How useful is the 'Raw' setting btw? for me it just produces an ugly solid/thick block line! I guess that's why DIP has the 'Shift Sampled Position' slider. So if you've got 18 lines/samples in the IBG for every 1 pixel on your graph, you can slide through all 18 to see the different lines the data will draw.

Other than that, there's definitely light!

#70 mmalves

mmalves

resident n00b

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

If you go to File -> Save BurnPlot Screen Capture it saves the screenshot even if you click Cancel/the X button/hit ESC on keyboard. This happens on Windows 7 x86 RC1 build 7100 (can't test other OSs right now :( ).

#71 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:27 PM

Is it supposed to save its settings at the moment? Like if I set the 'Averaged' value to something, will it remember it between closing and reopening the program?

#72 eSkRo

eSkRo

ISF Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

If you go to File -> Save BurnPlot Screen Capture it saves the screenshot even if you click Cancel/the X button/hit ESC on keyboard. This happens on Windows 7 x86 RC1 build 7100 (can't test other OSs right now :( ).

Works 100% in XP SP3!
Posted Image

#73 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

I agree with mmalves.

It's saving the screenshot regardless of if the users cancels the save box or not (GetSaveFileName returns 'false').

#74 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

Hello,

@ LIGHTNING UK! & mmalves - I found three bugs in my Open/Save file routine (One you already know about) after posting the previous version of BurnPlot. I fixed them and attached the new version.
[Edited - Previous Version Removed, See Current Post For Latest Version]

@ LIGHTNING UK! - Not sure about the icon - I am using an icon with 4 sizes at three different color depths. I'll look into it.

Can you send me .ibg files for the various types of media so I can make changes and use them for testing ? (MEDIA_LAYER_BREAK)

Except for the scaling, I have to stand behind my math on the RPM calculations but I will ask at cdfreaks to see how they think it should be done. (Checked the current algorithm with custom .ibg files I created. I think curved speed plots should give a curved RPM plot.)

I can change the UI any way you like but I was trying to avoid creating a DVDInfoPro look-a-like and only included the information I felt necessary. Do you want me to present everything DVDInfoPro does ?

The raw setting simply plots each sample read from the .ibg file and, yea, it looks "busy". I will look at DVDInfoPro again to see what he is actually doing. ( As soon as I reinstall DVDInfoPro - expired trial.)

Currently not saving any settings. Will look into writing them to the registry.

Always improving.

Thanks.

Edited by Daystrom M5, 27 June 2009 - 11:52 AM.

#75 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

If the write speed line is a curve, the rpm is normally straight and vice-versa. That's the whole CLV/CAV thing.

#76 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

Hello,

I may be wrong, but, as I understand CLV drive operation, to achieve a straight RPM plot you need to vary the burn/verify rate exactly as the circumference changes while you burn/verify the disk.

I doubt this would happen often given the variety of drives, media, and system capabilities.

I just posted this question on the CD Freaks Forum. I hope someone can lead me in the right direction.

#77 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

Surely the drive just picks an RPM speed and stays at it? That doesn't strike me as hard... it must be the easiest thing it can do!

The write speed will then increase as the software reads the sectors from inner -> outer tracks.

There are thousands of cdspeed / dvdinfopro screenshots displaying RPM, you can use them to see what's what.

The 2.4x burns of MKM-001-00 media (CLV) here show the constant write speed and decreasing RPM - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=2310

The 16x burns of MMC-004-00 media (CAV) here show the increasing write speed and constant RPM - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9525

#78 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

Hello,

Latest version of BurnPlot attached. [Edited - Previous Version Removed, See Current Post For Latest Version]

Changes made to this version :

1. Form and taskbar icon fixed. (I hope !)

2. MEDIA_LAYER_BREAK indicator line implemented. (Yellow line instead of red.)

3. DVDInfoPro like .ibg file data displayed.

4. DVD-ROM, HD DVD, and BD media SL/DL check implemented.

I don't have any .ibg's to test some of this stuff so I hope it all works.

As always, take it for a spin and let me know what you find.

Thanks.

Edited by Daystrom M5, 29 June 2009 - 08:43 AM.

#79 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

This one appears to an extra dependancy... :(

---------------------------
BurnPlot
Component 'RICHTX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
OK

It seems as if you've ditched the normal label's / captions and gone for a richedit box instead. Any chance you could revert?! Not only that, the richedit ends up scrolling (highlight with your mouse and you'll see what I mean) and that's just weird.

I think I preferred it when the coloured boxes / check boxes / text etc were left aligned with the groupbox above them. What does anyone else think?

The icon on the taskbar looks right now! lol

But maybe that's just because you've done away with the 4 bit ones and the 8 bit / 32 bit look pretty much the same ;)

There seems to be an issue with opening the attached IBG. I get no speed scale up the left side and not size scale on the bottom.

Attached File  PIONEER_DVD_RW_DVR_217F_1.07_27______2009____11_02_MKM_A03_00_8x.ibg   148.38KB   770 downloads

#80 dirio49

dirio49

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

on my system
Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

it does not start at all.
Tried to installed the decency.
get windows error
RegSvr32
"\windows\system32\RICHTX32.OCX" is not an executable file and no registration
helper is registered for this file type.
OK

thanks for the program

edit: fixed downloaded from another source and all ok

Edited by dirio49, 27 June 2009 - 12:32 PM.

Birthdays are good. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users