ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Freeware to view ImgBurn .ibg files.

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#161 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:04 AM

@ LIGHTNING UK! - I hate to be a newb here but you are confusing me when you say that a 4.7GB SL DVD can only contain 4.37GB.

Why does ImgBurn tell me I have 4.7GB of space available when I select files to burn onto a SL DVD ?

As shown in the Gleb Egorych ibg file the layer break is at sector 2,004,304 and he is putting 3,612,928 sectors of data onto the DVD.

I calculate that the layer break occurs at the 4,104,814,592 Byte point (2,004,304 sectors * 2,048 Bytes/sector) on the DVD and the end of data occurs at the 7,399,276,544 Byte point. (3,612,928 sectors * 2,048 Bytes/sector)

This is exactly where they are shown on the BurnPlot plots but not on the DVDInfoPro plots.

Only one of these can be correct. If my calculations are wrong let me know what I need to do to correct them.

#162 khagaroth

khagaroth

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

Because 4.7GB == 4.37GiB. Where GB is decimal, as used by disc manufacturers, so that they can boast about bigger sizes of media, and GiB is binary, as normally used in computers and also reported by the OS for example (that's for example also the reason why a 640GB HDD is reported by the OS as 596GB only).

#163 Gleb Egorych

Gleb Egorych

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

Why does ImgBurn tell me I have 4.7GB of space available when I select files to burn onto a SL DVD ?

When I use standard input in Build mode, ImgBurn 2.5.0.0 tells me how much space is available in bytes.
In advanced input mode ImgBurn burn tells me that I have 4.38GB free - I have "Automatic Target Media" unchecked and "DVD+-R" selected s media space.
So where did you see 4.7GB?

#164 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

@ LordWarlock - I did a little research so now I understand the argument. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabyte )

Interesting quote from the above Wikipedia article - "A DVD-R can hold 4.7 GB."

It looks like it comes down to semantics. You make the distinction between GB and GiB in your post. The horizontal scale on BurnPlot is labeled GB and, as far as I can tell, 1,000,000,000 Bytes / "GB" is technically correct.

@ LIGHTNING UK! - We have three different scaling techniques :
My way = 1,000,000,000 Bytes / "GB"
DVDInfoPro way = 1,048,576,000 / "GB" (1024^2 * 1000)
Opti Drive Control (CD Speed) way = 1,073,741,824 Bytes / "GB" ( 2^30 or 1024^3 - The "right" way)

I am thinking of giving the user the ability to select the scaling type. Or... would you prefer I just change to the "right" way and be done with it ?

@ Gleb Egorych - I am ri**ing a few movies right now. (I guess we don't mention that here.) I will burn them onto a disk tomorrow and take a screen capture to show you what I am talking about.

#165 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

ImgBurn uses 1024^x for MB and GB so using that method makes the most sense to me. It's up to you if you want it to be something the user can choose.

As you can't fit 4.7GB into the 4.5GB horizontal scale, that should really be extended to 5GB if that method of calculation gets selected.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#166 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

Hello,

New version of BurnPlot attached. (Version 1.0.1.4) Attached File  BurnPlot.exe   104KB   861 downloads
Changes :
Horizontal scaling now uses "MB" = 1024^2 Bytes and "GB" = 1024^3 Bytes. (Previous version used "MB" = 1,000,000 Bytes and "GB" = 1,000,000,000 Bytes.)

Slight massage of the RPM calculations and changed the RPM vertical scaling to resemble DVDInfoPro. (I think.)

@ LIGHTNING UK! - I decided to go cheap and cheerful with the rescaling. As you mentioned, I would need to change the SL DVD scale depending on the "GB" scalor selected and I didn't feel like monkeying around with it. DVDInfoPro apparently uses "GB" = 1024^2*1000 Bytes so the layer break and end of data indicators still won't look the same.

@ Gleb Egorych - "ImgBurn 2.5.0.0 tells me how much space is available in bytes" - that's what I meant when I said it tells me I have 4.7GB of space available. (See image below.) I am pretty sure most newbs, like me, look at the number of bytes available and say "Well, the disk said 4.7GB and look I have 4.7GB available" not "Hey, let me divide that by 2^30 and see how many "GB" I have open on this disk". That's why I scaled the plots in Burnplot the way I did - so everything lined up the way most people saw the information in ImgBurn.

ImgBurn_Device_H.PNG

Edited by Daystrom M5, 11 September 2009 - 11:16 AM.

#167 Gleb Egorych

Gleb Egorych

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

Daystrom M5
Yes, it's OK now, thanks. The only problem - RPM plots, revilutions are definitely underestimated near center of disc.

#168 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:51 AM

I had some spare time yesterday and decided to add a bell and/or whistle to the program. Added a pseudo CAD/CAM feel to this version - mouse over the plots and the sector and plot value information will be displayed. No real functional changes so I left the previous version available for download.

(Version 1.0.1.5) Attached File  BurnPlot.exe   112KB   1103 downloads

#169 ssjkakaroto

ssjkakaroto

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for all the work with this program Daystrom M5, it's really appreciated :D

#170 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

I have started to work on multiple language capability.

Cur4ious.

Is this implemented or not? There is a selection box in the settings as I can see.

:)

#171 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hi Cynthia,

I have started to work on multiple language capability.

Cur4ious.

Is this implemented or not? There is a selection box in the settings as I can see.

:)

Ummm... No, not yet. I started to (Added "Tools/Settings/Language" to the UI.) but saw that the DKLang Localization Package LIGHTNING UK! used to add translation ability to ImgBurn was written in Delphi and kind of dropped the ball at that point.

I assume that the DKLang Localization Package cannot be used with VB6. This requires me to hand create a source/base language file that can be edited with the DKLang Translation Editor and write a module to parse the translated language file.

I still plan to do this but I haven't been able to get my head into it yet.

@ LIGHTNING UK! -

Is ImgBurn written in Delphi or are you just using the DKLang Translation Editor to allow end users an easy way to translate the UI ?

#172 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

No, it's written in C++ Builder - but that can use Delphi components. :)

I'm sure there must be a similar thing for VB though... just a case of hunting one down!
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#173 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Localization Guru Lite is free and works with VB.

http://wareseeker.com/Software-Development....1.4.zip/238648

#174 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

Thanks for the link Cynthia.

I guess I got caught in the "let's use what LIGHTNING UK! used" frame of mind and never thought to look for something that would be compatible with VB. doh.gif

Looks like Localization Guru should be easy to implement. A lot easier than reinventing the wheel in order to use the DKLang Translation Editor used for ImgBurn translations.

I'll let you know when I get it sussed out.

#175 Handler

Handler

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:57 AM

Howdy,

Very nice program. As I read through this thread many of the concerns I had have already been addressed, but for the following.

The attached file that was first posted HERE shows all the plotted information squished. Could this be improved by being able to manually and/or automatically scale the plot window to allow for viewing of the actual data? Here the data is plotted in an area that is less than a inch wide, with the remaining area nothing more than a large void. I don't own a Blu-ray drive so I don't know if things have improved, if not I could see this as a problem for those that choose to burn a little bit of data to large capacity media.

#176 rds_correia

rds_correia

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

Just dropped by to say hello and to thank Daystrom M5 for his work and dedication to imgburn and it's users.
I had been waiting for a free tool like this for a long time.
Let me know if I can help with the European-Portuguese translation.
Regards.

#177 ssjkakaroto

ssjkakaroto

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

Hi Daystrom M5, I'm trying to run BurnPlot through wine and I get the following error:

fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
err:ole:ITypeInfo_fnInvoke did not find member id 0, flags 0x2!
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_FindConnectionPoint no connection point for {33ad4ed2-6699-11cf-b70c-00aa0060d393}
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_FindConnectionPoint no connection point for {33ad4ed2-6699-11cf-b70c-00aa0060d393}
fixme:ntdll:RtlNtStatusToDosErrorNoTeb no mapping for c0000109

Also the attached error.

Do you know what runtimes I might be missing?

Attached Images

• Screenshot-BurnPlot.png

#178 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

Hi ssjkakaroto,

I am not too familiar with running VB applications under Wine but I am guessing you do not have the VB Runtime libraries installed on your system.

http://www.winehq.co...C-APPS-WONT-RUN

EDIT : Just wanted to make sure you are running BurnPlot 1.0.1.5 - this is the latest version and does not require the comdlg32.ocx

You still need comdlg32.dll to run the program - I think this will be installed with the VB 6.0 runtime library.

Edited by Daystrom M5, 05 December 2009 - 12:19 PM.

#179 ssjkakaroto

ssjkakaroto

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

Hi Daystrom M5, I found something about it, but I still don't know how to fix it. I already had the VB 6.0 runtimes installed.

Run Time Error 438 - Object Doesn't Support this Property or Method
The most common cause of error 438 is not maintaining binary compatibility between successive versions of your components. Each COM interface has an associated GUID that is called an interface ID (IID). Each coclass has an associated GUID that is called class ID (CLSID). When you compile an ActiveX component in Visual Basic, the CLSIDs and IIDs are compiled into the component's type library.
Example
A program that consists of a Visual Basic client and an ActiveX DLL is released to the user community. At a later time, additional functionality is to be added to the DLL component. The necessary modifications are made, and the ActiveX DLL is compiled without maintaining binary compatibility. When the DLL is released, the client that is trying to use the DLL will throw run time error 438. The reason this occurs is that when the DLL was compiled, a fresh set of GUIDs was compiled into the DLL, and the client has no reference to these new GUIDs. This is why it is important to maintain binary compatibility with the last-released version of the component when you are trying to release a newer version.

Another example for the runtime error 438 would be including the wrong version of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) in the distribution package. For example, a Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 5 program is built on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 by using the latest version of MDAC that is present (version 2.6). When the distribution is built, an earlier version of MDAC (version 2.5) is used (unless MDAC 2.6 is downloaded), causing an error 438 to be thrown when the distributed program is run.

Another scenario would be misspelled method or property names, and this scenario is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

This may be as simple as adding a reference for the ActiveX data Access Object that the older Access database would have used created.
For instance if you are now using Excel 2003 as a database with ADO2.8 library and the Access records were created using ADO2.4 (as an example). The differences within the newer library may not be supported.
By adding a reference to the older ADO dll that the Access database used to create the records this may fix the issue.

#180 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

Hi ssjkakaroto,

Hate to shotgun this, but, I have a few suggestions.

The first line of your console output seems to reference the comctl32.dll and/or comctl32.ocx. Check to see that you have these installed.

Cynthia found she needed to install the GDIPLUS.DLL when she installed BurnPlot on an earlier verison of Windows. This is a link to her previous post : http://forum.imgburn...indpost&p=99551

Another guess would be the need for the oleaut32.dll.

And again, make sure you have comdlg32.dll and/or comdlg32.ocx installed.

I can attach the versions of these files used on my system if you need them.

Perhaps you could use this to help you find what is missing : http://www.dependencywalker.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users