ISO -> READ

layer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I think the clue is in the name Peter - ImgBurn and nothing else for reasons that should be obvious...... :mugshot:

"for reasons that should be obvious" i don't see any problem to make an iso from one DVD or CD-ROM!!

:lol: I think the clue is in the name Peter - ImgBurn and nothing else for reasons that should be obvious...... :mugshot:

"for reasons that should be obvious" i don't see any problem to make an iso from one DVD or CD-ROM!!

i miss this feature too... i needed to use it today acctually, so i had to use decrypter

i miss this feature too... i needed to use it today acctually, so i had to use decrypter

agreed

this would be a useful feature in home dvd's and nonprotected dvd's! but as far as any thing else it is out of the question! let's all take a deep breath and wish decrypter a fond farewell :bye2:

it sounds to me you are not missing it all that much anyway's

like lfc said this is a burning program! that's that!

Mr Bitey, Yes Peters' question does have merit but under the circumstances of DVDD downfall and any guarantees ( if any were needed or so made ) to allow LUK to continue on developing the burning part of DVDD as IMG Burn, I don't think we'll see any option of an ISO generation facility on IMG.

DVDD and IMG can coincide togeather nicely so changes are we'll have to use DVDD to do ISO stuff and accept IMG as a strickly burning engine program. Unfortunate but perhaps factual. :(:/

This is just my own outlook and opinoin on this........ :)

Edited by kevdriver

imo, burning is worse the ripping. Sure you can rip a rental movie, but then again you can just download a movie and burn it anyway. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This is why I can't understand burn without read. (this is just my opinion of course.) Also, it's easier to have things on your hard drive (for me) then to have a million scratch-vunerable discs that i'll most likely lose.

Dwebtron, true but when you download a movie ( LoL I'm probably wrong on this one ) I think the movie is not encrypted hence no copy protection over ride. To rent a movie and burn it you have to first circumvent the protection on it, this is where the headaches are. A burning engine is just an avenue to place whatever onto blank media, where ripping is associated with copyright circumvention.

Christ, I hope I made sense here......... :P:D

"remove the decrypting part and just keep the ISO generating engine"

yes this is my original idea, BUT sory for my idea, too mutch talk about simple thing.

PS: sorry by my english.

No probs Peter, Open discussions and opinoins are sometimes useful and help sort out questions and/or problems.......... Sorry I couldn't answer you any better....... :/

I do hear what your saying and understand but in the end it's up to the Author of IMG how this proggie will advance. :thumbup:

Edited by kevdriver

There are lots of real good progs around for making images from IFOs, VOBs and BUPs - PgcEdit and Image Tools Classic (which are essentially the same thing with different front ends) are simply 2 that spring to mind.

Regards

Haven't really posted before, but thought I would mention that I would really would find the read components (mostly IFO, but ISO would be handy to) without the decryption components really useful. That is nearly entirely what I use DVD Decrypter for anyways (with the commandline switches and some automated scripting), to pull videos from personally recorded DVDs, plus the burning of the final images.

Obviously it is up to Lightning, just wanted to mention my support for it (and this was the main reason I ventured in to the forum in the first place).

Just as an addition, it's nice at least seeing the burning function back as a separate program.

Am I just wondering around out here in left field or doesn't creating a ISO from a original DVD mean that the program (IB) would half to to decrypt the disk in order to create the file. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like LUK would be wright back in the same sinking boat he just got out of.

I can understand this request if you had a VIDEO_TS folder on your HD that was created from another ripping program and IB had the option to read those files and create a ISO and then burn your DVD. Now that would be nice!

Edited by Mr_Fixer

ImgBurn is all about BURNING images , NOT reading/copying/ripping discs but BURNING them .

Quick history lesson,

Due to issues in the past, ImgBurn has been created from the burning part of a well known, now defunct program .THAT program is now defunct because it had the ability to read discs . For legal reasons, ImgBurn does not allow for reading from/of a disc , which is why

it is only able to WRITE / BURN to disc. ;)

Doesnt work all the time then?

Am I just wondering around out here in left field or doesn't creating a ISO from a original DVD mean that the program (IB) would half to to decrypt the disk in order to create the file. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like LUK would be wright back in the same sinking boat he just got out of.
If it is a DVD without CSS (ie any DVD produced from a home camera/DVD recorder/burned to a DVD-R/RW/+R/RW), or a commercial DVD without CSS, then nothing has to be decrypted to read/copy/extract from the DVD.

AFAIK, the legal issues had NOTHING to do with reading DVDs, but the actual decryption of the DVD (ie breaking CSS while reading the DVD), and if the program were limited to only DVDs without CSS (ie non-encrypted DVDs), then there would be no legal issues.

I personally use the IFO mode of the previous gen to read non-encrypted DVDs all the time, which is completely legal.

And if that program works in that mode - which is does, cos it's a dandy - it is totally unnecessary in IB.

Anyway, it's ImgBurn NOT "ImgBurn 'n' IFOReadNonEncryptedDVDs"

Regards

And if that program works in that mode - which is does, cos it's a dandy - it is totally unnecessary in IB.

Anyway, it's ImgBurn NOT "ImgBurn 'n' IFOReadNonEncryptedDVDs"

Regards

My only thought is what about the future? Will reading on drives in the future stop working if the drive isn't properly supported by the old one?

Plus my need for a (albeit wonderful) piece of software that is no longer updated would be reduced it nil.

Still, I know it's not my decision (as that lies only with Lightning), but it would be nice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.