.cue/.bin files to .iso?

BartlettMagic

hey there, i have a quick question.

i've checked guide, faq, and seach, and couldn't find any help. if i'm blind, please redirect me.

i've downloaded some kvcd files that, unfortunately, won't play on my dvd player.

is there a way to use imgburn to convert the .bin and .cue files to .iso? i've tried it once already, and when i take the .iso file that i've saved as "test", and mount it in Daemon to view it, it just gives me a window showing the .bin and .cue files.

am i doing something wrong, or leaving a step out? i would really like to avoid putting the kvcd files through something like DVD Flick, because i would lose all of that awesome compression... not to mention the fact that it takes close to 2 hours for a conversion/burning.

any and all help will be greatly appreciated, and i will answer any questions you might have to facilitate a solution.

ImgBurn is just a burning tool: it doesn't convert anything.

If you burn the CUE/BIN image to a CD-R/CD-RW it should work on your DVD player. Alternatively you can use PowerDVD/WinDVD/MPC-HC/VLC Media Player/etc to play the KVCDs on your computer.

If you want to burn it to a DVD playable on any DVD player, you'll have to use DVD Flick/ConvertXtoDVD/similar programs, but that would be a real waste since KVCDs are really low quality to start with.

ImgBurn is just a burning tool: it doesn't convert anything.

If you burn the CUE/BIN image to a CD-R/CD-RW it should work on your DVD player. Alternatively you can use PowerDVD/WinDVD/MPC-HC/VLC Media Player/etc to play the KVCDs on your computer.

If you want to burn it to a DVD playable on any DVD player, you'll have to use DVD Flick/ConvertXtoDVD/similar programs, but that would be a real waste since KVCDs are really low quality to start with.

ugh, thanks. i didn't know if .bin/.cue files could be used in the whole "create .iso from image file" things or not, i guess i just assumed that kvcd's were the same as any other image file. my dvd player, while being reliable, is also old. i've already tried it, and it won't play. back to the drawing board, i guess!

You do know that you need to write CUE/BIN as disc images, right?

actually, it's funny that you mention that, because i didn't do that the first time. however, i followed the specific directions in your link, and got the same results. the dvd player recognizes it as a CD, but won't play it-instead it asks me to remove the disc. it doesn't even say disc read error, it explicitly asks me to remove the disc.

oh well. thanks for your time, i've got to find a converter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.