Unable to make a CD image.

CrazyNetwork

I just purchased this drive (Samsung SH-S223B/BSBE) from TigerDirect.com. I has worked flawless, except for one detail. I can copy the contents on a CD via Windows Explorer just fine. When I try to make an ISO from a CD, it failed on sector 8448 every time, on every CD I try! I tried flashing the latest firmware, also uninstalling software the might cause a conflict...no luck. Considering that Windows Explorer reads the CD just fine, it leads me to believe that there is something wrond with ImgBurn (which is great software btw). Here is the log, please help me.

I 15:53:10 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 15:53:10 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 15:53:10 Total Physical Memory: 4,191,880 KB - Available: 2,953,600 KB

I 15:53:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:53:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:53:10 Found 1 DVD

Those are Windows errors, they're not even from the drive itself. Either way, it's out of my hands.

Get the drive off that RAID controller if you can or at least ensure you have the latest drivers installed.

Do you know which controller the drive is on?

Don't forget SP2 for Vista too ;)

Those are Windows errors, they're not even from the drive itself. Either way, it's out of my hands.

Get the drive off that RAID controller if you can or at least ensure you have the latest drivers installed.

Do you know which controller the drive is on?

Don't forget SP2 for Vista too ;)

Installed SP2 (which I was not aware of, yeah, I need to wake up), didn't fix it, but it need to be installed anyway.

Installed the latest RAID driver...BINGO!!!

It may of been out of your hands, but you solved the problem I have spend days on. Thank you VERY much!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.