Supporting DDP file format

masagsxr

Hey Lightning!

Just wondering if you will create a new version of image burn supporting DPP file format. We have a new vendor mass producing our dvd. We are hoping to send them our masters electronically by uploading it on their FTP server instead of sending them a physical master dvd every time. We asked what their requirements would be and our contact says DPP format.

Below is a portion of the conversation of our vendor's reply.

================================================================================

They require the image to be a DDP file.

Edited by masagsxr

This should've been posted in the Suggestions forum. Actually, it was requested several times before and LUK has no interest in it :(

Why can't they take an ISO image and make the DDP themselves? This may be a silly question but I don't know anything about DDP :blush:

Thanks mmalves.... We asked what their requirements are and thats what they replied with. We'll definitely push for the ISO support as that usually is industry standard nowadays. They'd be loosing big business if they don't ;) and we might have to look for yet another vendor to replicate our master DVDs

• 3 weeks later...

As I understand it DDP has extra error detection/checksums built into the spec, which makes it superior to an ISO for master delivery. However I'm not sure what advantages (if any) it has over an ISO and a checksum file.

What you have to remember is that the duplicators are a very conservative bunch and it was only a few years ago that they started accepting DDPs on DVD-Rs rather than on DLT tapes! Even now most DVD duplicators demand a DDP on two DVD-Rs, one for each layer, rather than on on DVD+R9. Some duplicators do accept FTP transfer, but again this has to be in DDP format.

Thanks mmalves.... We asked what their requirements are and thats what they replied with. We'll definitely push for the ISO support as that usually is industry standard nowadays. They'd be loosing big business if they don't ;) and we might have to look for yet another vendor to replicate our master DVDs

Yes, look for another replicator... maybe a small hint: www.gzdm.cz :-))

DDP, CMF and also...

Files containing DVD image:

Files, which can be used without any adjustments for burning of the master disc.

Recommended formats:

• ISO, IMG - images of DVD discs (user data in sectors of 2048 bytes)

we recommend to use ISO+MDS for double layer DVD images; these files can be created with ImgBurn for example

• NRG (Nero)

Acceptable formats:

• BIN/CUE

• MDF/MDS (Alcohol 120%)

• IMG/CCD (Clone CD)

• IBP/IBQ (IsoBuster)

• CDI (DiscJuggler)

• CIF (Easy CD Creator)

• BWT/BWI, B5T/B5I, B6T/B6I (BlindWrite)

• DMG (Apple Macintosh) - disc images for Apple Macintosh

• TOAST, DVDR (Toast, Apple Disc Utils)

• ISZ (UltraISO)

• UIF (MagicISO)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.