ImgBurn and XBox ISOs

rebeltx

To begin, I think ImgBurn is fantastic - really does the job. :wub: New at using it tho'. Can burn everything so far except Xbox ISOs that were made for backup so I can save originals from niece and nephew. Am using on 2.4GHz Intel w/1GB RAM. Sony DRU-510A burner and Windows W/SP1. Burn starts than I get a message of "CDB: Invalid Data in Field". After several retries by ImgBurn I then get an error about "Power Calibration Failure". After the burn bombs, ImgBurn seems to take forever to synchronize cache - usually have to use task manager to kill it. As of yet I have not had problems with any other ISOs. Know its not the media because ImgBurn handles it well as do other burning apps. Got any suggestions (I've already made a few DVD-R coasters). Any help will be very much appreciated as I am a completely frustrated and runnning out of blanks.... :wacko: Thanks in advance for any and all help/suggestions......

The content of the image is irrelevant.

Power Calibration Errors are always due to a bad hardware / firmware / media combination.

I realise that goes against what you think (and so won't believe me!) but I can assure you it's true.

:blush: Yes - I did read the FAQs, Guides, etc and I also did several searches of the forums - all was able to find were posts on Power something or other being full. Yes, I will believe you because you is de expert but reckon I was hoping against it since I'm not real sure where to start. Sorry to be a bother. Wasn't this post correct to be in the Support forum?? Do appreciate your patience and help.....

Could you possibly post a copy of the failed ImgBurn log ? That will tell us more about your set-up and also the media..... ;)

Will do ASAP and get back to you - Thanks........

Could you possibly post a copy of the failed ImgBurn log ? That will tell us more about your set-up and also the media..... ;)

:biggrindance: You da man - To be safe I dl'd/installed the latest version and rebooted - burn went as smooth as owl poop - absolutely no problems - will test it tomorrow (later today in daylight hrs - lol) but everything appears slick and well done. Just for info below is the burn log:

I 04:16:39 ImgBurn Version 1.2.0.0 started!

I 04:16:39 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 1)

I 04:16:39 Initialising SPTI...

I 04:16:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 04:16:39 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD?RW!

I 04:17:55 Operation Started!

I 04:17:55 Source File: C:\Darkwatch_Work\clr-darkwx.iso

I 04:17:55 Source File Sectors: 1,909,504 (MODE1/2048)

I 04:17:55 Source File Size: 3,910,664,192 bytes

I 04:17:55 Destination Device: [0:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-510A 1.0c (D:) (ATA)

I 04:17:55 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AE1) (Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x)

I 04:17:56 Destination Media Sectors: 2,297,888

I 04:17:56 Write Mode: DVD

I 04:17:56 Write Type: DAO

I 04:17:56 Write Speed: 2x

I 04:17:56 Link Size: Auto

I 04:17:56 Test Mode: No

I 04:17:56 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 04:17:57 Filling Buffer...

I 04:17:57 Writing LeadIn...

I 04:19:06 Writing Image...

I 04:42:48 Synchronising Cache...

I 04:44:11 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:26:15

I 04:44:11 Average Write Rate: 2,687 KB/s (1.9x) - Maximum Write Rate: 2,865 KB/s (2.1x)

I 04:44:49 Close Request Acknowledged

I 04:44:49 Closing Down...

I 04:44:49 Shutting down SPTI...

I 04:44:49 ImgBurn closed!

Like I said, you is da man :clapping: and many thanks for help and making me a extremely happy camper...

I don't want to worry you but the media ID on your discs - CMC MAG has a very very poor reputation.

Personally speaking I wouldn't recommend that dye to anyone, I always use quality dye like Verbatim MCC or Taiyo Yuden dye for the best results.

Did you buy these in a store ? If so most won't advertise which media ID is on the discs - far safer to buy from an online retailer who advertises the ID's. Not sure whether you have tried these people but

www.meritline.com

seem to be pretty good and they sell Taiyo Yuden discs as well.

I don't want to worry you but the media ID on your discs - CMC MAG has a very very poor reputation.

Personally speaking I wouldn't recommend that dye to anyone, I always use quality dye like Verbatim MCC or Taiyo Yuden dye for the best results.

Did you buy these in a store ? If so most won't advertise which media ID is on the discs - far safer to buy from an online retailer who advertises the ID's. Not sure whether you have tried these people but

www.meritline.com

seem to be pretty good and they sell Taiyo Yuden discs as well.

Brand name on pack is KHypermedia - Got really good deal at Staples - reckon I should have been wary at 20 cents per disc - Will check out the link you sent and other media - Thanks once again for your awesome help - Think I might call it a night (morning) so I will not be a total zombie when go media shopping later on - Have a great one, Dude!!!! :thumbup::sleeping:

Brand name on pack is KHypermedia -

Take our word for it. :) CMC disks are crap. They?ve been crap for years and will probably still be crap in the years to come. Anything with CMC, Longten or Princo (and many others) in the media ID should be avoided like the plague. Look for (genuine) Ritek G04, Ritek G05 or Taiyo Yuden for your Sony burner. What?s a media ID, I hear you ask? This bit is your media ID.

I 04:17:55 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AE1) (Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.