DVD Still "Mounted" After Burn

geezer

After burning an image using ImgBurn (latest version) and ejecting the disc, my PC still thinks that the disc is in the drive. Double clicking the drive icon attempts to install windows media player. The only way to clear this is a reboot. See attachment for screenshot.

I have autoplay/autorun disabled.

WinXP SP2 Pro

2X BenQ DW1620 DVD-RW

Any ideas?

post-2784-1142653845_thumb.jpg

That sometimes happens to me as well. I can keep it from happening by right-clicking on the disc icon and choosing "Eject" from the menu. This only works if the original disc is still in the drive. If the original disc has already been removed then just put a different disc in that drive and once it shows up use the right-click method that I mentioned. For some reason If you put in the original disc back in and eject it using the right-click method or even simply removing the disc by re-opening the drive, the computer will still think the original disc is in the drive. That's why you must use a different disc.

Next time you burn a disk - pop it out, close ImgBurn, then hit F5 while your desktop is active and see what happens.

This will fix it guys, it needs refreshing, you shouldn't have to reboot.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I just noticed that I never replied.

Shamus this absolutely did work! If I eject the disc after the burn is complete but before I close the dialogue box of Imgburn, all is well. No need to refresh or reboot.

Thanks again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.