I/O error, Power Calibration Area Error

Loanguy

Can anybody help me? I keep ruining DVD-R's left and right. Below is a copy of the log... and just so you know, I'm using windows through an iMac. Thank you sooo much for your time.

I tried it twice on this log I think.

I 18:11:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 18:11:06 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 18:11:06 Total Physical Memory: 1,032,096 KB - Available: 531,860 KB

I 18:11:06 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:11:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:11:06 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Loanguy

I 18:14:18 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x)

Try with better media, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks. If it still doesn't work with them, then try a lens cleaning disc on that drive.

I 18:14:18 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x)

Try with better media, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks. If it still doesn't work with them, then try a lens cleaning disc on that drive.

Hmmm.. not quite the answer I was hoping for.. but appreciated nonetheless.

Any other advice out there?!

The burn process relies on the burner/firmware/media/write speed combination. There's no magic setting to make it work, if that's what you were hoping to hear.

lol, thanks. Actually I am loading Wbfs Inteligent and imgburn on my PC right now to try to use that.

If anybody else has any ideas on this error I'm getting please let me know. I will update you to let you know if it works on the pc as well.

Ok so it works from my other computer. So I would think maybe its the driver. There are no firmware updates, so thats not good. Hmm, I may have to stick to copying on the other comp. No big deal. If anybody however, has an answer to fix this one, let me know I'll be checking back.

I'm sorry, what works from your other computer exactly?

Burning the exact same media in the exact same drive with the exact same settings (write speed etc) ?

That's a very odd error to get if it's caused by drivers. The message should be coming directly from the drive and simple being passed along by them.

Well, the media works (the DVD-R) in the other computer, and I've tested the game on the DVD-R and it works perfect. So it seems as if something is wrong with one of my computers. Maybe it's because it's an iMac and there is something wrong. Kinda wierd though.

So you're burning in a different drive? (If so, that's hardly a fair test is it!)

We've said all along that it's the drive/firmware/media combo that's important. Changing any one of those 3 can give you a successful burn where previously it has always failed.

I guess I didn't explain well enough.

I was looking for a solution to make copies of the games to the DVD-R's. My initial post was mentioning I had an issue with my main computer, and I posted the error.

Then I decided to try it on my gf's computer which is right next to mine, and it works.

So basically, at this point, my question is, what do you think the issue with my main computer is, based on the error message above?

Thanks for taking a look.

( i have however, been able to at least make the copies and verified they work in the wii, i just have to use my gf's computer, unless I find the fix here)

Edited by Loanguy

So basically, at this point, my question is, what do you think the issue with my main computer is, based on the error message above?

The same thing we've said all along.

Your drive/firmware/media combo isn't any good.

If there are no firmware updates available for you drive that leaves you with 2 options (assuming you've already tried cleaning the drive).

1. Buy media your drive DOES support (stuff by Taiyo Yuden / Verbatim are the best and therefore the most compatible).

2. Buy a drive (external if your computer is a laptop) that supports your current media ('CMC MAG. AM3').

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.