Question about new ImgBurn 2.5.0.0

copycat29

Hello!

I noticed in the newly released version: ImgBurn v2.5.0.0, there is an option to change the default interface to use SPTI instead of ASPI and I was wondering if there is any benefits in using SPTI over ASPI when burning CD/DVD or making your own DVD movies from harddrive??? and is SPTI just as stable/safe as ASPI when working with CD/DVD media???

When starting up the new ImgBurn, I noticed it now gives message: (W 06:20:34 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.) in the ImgBurn Log window???

The main reason im asking the above question is because im unfamiliar with SPTI and don`t want to end up screwing up my CD/DVD burning or making my own DVD movies from harddrive.

Thank you for the input.

SPTD and SPTI are nothing to do with each other.

SPTI is Microsoft's I/O interface

SPTD is DAEMON Tools / Alcohol's I/O interface - but supposedly made by a company called Duplex Secure.

Leave the I/O interface on the default SPTI value.

if you have SPTD installed you get the message, its just informing you that it can have a detrimental affect on drives, if your drive is working at full speed, don't worry about it

if you have SPTD installed you get the message, its just informing you that it can have a detrimental affect on drives, if your drive is working at full speed, don't worry about it

I have Alcohol 52% installed...I'm just asking to be sure because I always use this program to backup my PS2 games and I don't want to waste disks.

i have daemon installed, i get that message too, and everything works fine :)

imgburn gives a similar info warning if you have a fat 32 drive, its nothing to worry about

Ok thanks for the info.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.