Burn movie .ISO file to DL disc

ds01749

I use a program that creates .ISO files of movie DVD's, and I can play the .ISO files just fine using a utility that sets up a virtual DVD drive and I mount the .ISO file in the virtual drive. So I know that the .ISO files is not corrupt or anything.

I am trying to burn the .ISO file to a DL disc, and I get the following message:

Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_01)

The image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc.

None of the cells meet the 'DVD-Video specification' criteria for a potential layer break position.

Do you want to continue anyway?

I've spent a fair bit of time going through the guide and the forums and I just can't find an answer as to what I should do here. If I continue, will the disc be readable in a regular DVD player for a TV? Do I ned to do somethign differently when I create the movie .ISO files?

Thanks!

To get the full log file, I answered "yes" to the prompt, but then aborted it right away.

I 09:26:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 09:26:21 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 09:26:21 Total Physical Memory: 3,405,348 KB - Available: 2,000,248 KB

I 09:26:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:26:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:26:21 Found 1 DVD

OK, all appeared to be going OK, and I selected the "Excellent" location for the layer break, but it fails, apparently once it tries to start the 2nd layer. Before I waste another DVD blank, am I doing something wrong here?

I 10:41:12 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 10:41:12 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 10:41:12 Total Physical Memory: 3,405,348 KB - Available: 1,988,816 KB

I 10:41:12 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:41:12 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:41:12 Found 1 DVD

There is a later firmware version. This might fix your issue.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/DH-16W1S/files.html

You should also get the latest version of ImgBurn. This will not fix your issue.

Other than that - try the 6x and 8x speeds.

Older Lite-Ons can be tricky with "newer" media and very often DL media.

:)

Again, thanks for the info. I have unfortunately recently purchased a stack of 50 Memorex DL disc blanks, which are a name brand and which work fine when I copy DVD's with other software. So I at least want to try to make these work.

I will try creating the disk on a different DVD drive.

Related question, mostly for my information:

There are options on the screen that are not explained in the guide. I have the Layer Break Position screen up. Under Options, there are 2 check boxes - Seamless and Don't update IFO/BUP files. What are these? Where can I get the info on how/when to use them?

Also at the bottom left is a click box - Ignore Layer Break Options. What does this do, when it is used?

Just a thought...

"I 10:41:12 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)"

Is there a real reason you still stuck at SP2 of Windows XP when there is SP3 and a bunch of updates after it, now?

Maybe you should update it too.

Again... Just a thought...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.