Automatically give image same name as volume label

dr_ml422

I haven't seen this yet and if so excuse me. I've used Build mode since the beginning and it'll automatically produce the volume label for you if you haven't done so yourself, but i haven't seen or been able to have imgburn automatically give the .iso created the same file name as the volume label. To my understanding you still have to manually put in a file name yourself. The volume label almost always is the file name so i wanted to know if this is implemented already and somehow configured in tools settings or you leave it like that for some reason? I found how to designate the folder for the .iso's so that's some progress. It would be nice to automatically designate the same folder the files are in also to put the .iso in there. Then you could just go to that folder n delete the vts folder and keep the .iso.

I know you said it would be dangerous to have Imgburn automatically delete the vts folder after creating a .iso. Let me know about the auto file name. I could live w/manually deleting the vts folder even though it's a pita. I mean why have it around iof you have a .iso already anyway. imgburn is a image burner so I learned a long hard lesson and will always create .iso's to just throw in the queue and start burning away. Thnx.

:)

Every time I answer something in this forum section I get my fishes warmed up. See if I have better luck this time. :P

I had the same idea with Volume Label = file name

I had no luck with my suggestion. But it would be a nice option, especially when you create DVD/Blu ray Movies stuff.

The other part is dangerous. Assume someone decides to add a system folder and have it burned. Forgetting to turn the auto delete off will not be a nice experience.

Hi Cynthia i'm glad to hear from you. I'm also very happy that I wasn't the only one that suggested the volume label/file name thingy. It makes a whole lot of sense really. I mean if anyone wanted to change the name of the original file they could do that at any time.

Now the other part which is considered dangerous. I'm not completely savvy regarding a lot of things computer related, but you'd have to be a lil off to try n burn a system folder and even think about it being near anything deleted related.

Now that I've converted my regular flics to .iso's I'm now having to go back and manually delete the vts folders if I didn't do so after building, or the folder it was in. The old double work. <_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.