can not add file to image

amrcnbut

error message says file size exceeds the limit imposed by the ISO 9660 file system

hint:you'll have to switch the File System option to UDF if you want to backup this file.

It seems if i don't do this it won't write anything to the disc, how do i do this

in image burn under tools and settings i saw one place where it said UDF and it was checked off. i would show the log but i don't know how to get to my clipboard.

please help you see i need it.

thank-you

What are you attempting to burn that's over 4gb in size?

The 'File System' option is the first one on the 'Options' tab (not in the Settings at all, just on the main screen).

The clipboard isn't something you see, it's just something that's there. Choose the 'Edit' -> 'Copy' option (having already selected everything in the window with CTRL+A or 'Select All' and then 'paste' into a reply here via CTRL+V or right click the mouse and select 'Paste'.

What are you attempting to burn that's over 4gb in size?

The 'File System' option is the first one on the 'Options' tab (not in the Settings at all, just on the main screen).

The clipboard isn't something you see, it's just something that's there. Choose the 'Edit' -> 'Copy' option (having already selected everything in the window with CTRL+A or 'Select All' and then 'paste' into a reply here via CTRL+V or right click the mouse and select 'Paste'.

I'm not trying to burn anything over 4 gb the average size is 750 mb still can't find options tab i read not in the settings main screen where ?

ScreenShot.bmp

I 07:49:07 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 07:49:07 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 07:49:07 Total Physical Memory: 2,085,992 KB - Available: 1,415,016 KB

I 07:49:07 Initialising SPTI...

I 07:49:07 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 07:49:07 Found 1 DVD

...and that's not burning an ISO image. You burn an ISO image in Write mode - and of course to do that, you need to have an ISO image in the first place. What you have there is an MPEG file.

If you don't know how the program works, please do take the time to read the guides or ask us for help.

If you think you're doing something when clearly (to us) you're not, obviously you've got muddled up somewhere and you should clear the issue up before you waste too much time on it.

...and that's not burning an ISO image. You burn an ISO image in Write mode - and of course to do that, you need to have an ISO image in the first place. What you have there is an MPEG file.

If you don't know how the program works, please do take the time to read the guides or ask us for help.

If you think you're doing something when clearly (to us) you're not, obviously you've got muddled up somewhere and you should clear the issue up before you waste too much time on it.

let me try and make myself clearer. the program i'm using is DVD flick, but i see that image burn is part of that program. and what seems to be messing up is the image burning.

is this any clearer. That's why it's a MPEG file.

• 2 weeks later...
ImgBurn is just a burning tool, i.e. it doesn't handle video/menus/etc.

DVD Flick is the one you should be using to convert your video(s) to DVD format.

I am using dvd flick. and i don't care what the error message says i'm not burning anything larger than 750mb no where near 4.3 gb.

What's the problem now exactly?

DVD Flick should just call up ImgBurn automatically once it's done with the conversion.

If you're calling it up manually and dragging over 15gb mpg files (like in your log posted above), that's where you're going wrong.

The program isn't going to make up these issues. If the OS reports the file is 15gb then that's what ImgBurn reports to the user when it says the file will not fit.

DVD Flick will output a set of IFO/BUP/VOB files in a VIDEO_TS folder. They're what needs to be in the 'Source' box within ImgBurn, nothing else. But again, DVD Flick should call ImgBurn with the appropriate parameters anyway so there's no chance of things going wrong - unless caused by DVD Flick itself.

What's the problem now exactly?

DVD Flick should just call up ImgBurn automatically once it's done with the conversion.

If you're calling it up manually and dragging over 15gb mpg files (like in your log posted above), that's where you're going wrong.

The program isn't going to make up these issues. If the OS reports the file is 15gb then that's what ImgBurn reports to the user when it says the file will not fit.

DVD Flick will output a set of IFO/BUP/VOB files in a VIDEO_TS folder. They're what needs to be in the 'Source' box within ImgBurn, nothing else. But again, DVD Flick should call ImgBurn with the appropriate parameters anyway so there's no chance of things going wrong - unless caused by DVD Flick itself.

Dvd flick does call up img burn automatically, i'm not calling it up manually. i know that dvd flick sets up a folder called video_ts folder , i've been using dvd flick successfully for 6 months. just 2 weeks ago i started to get that error message. i've deleted and reinstalled dvd flick 3 times. i've run anti virus programs. and it works on my other computer in my son's room. any sugesstions (keep it clean) just tried burning a tv show it's 174 mb dvd flick still says the file is over the limit. i don't care what the error message says 174 mbs not 4.3 gb. that's the problem...

thank-you

Edited by amrcnbut

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.