Add Verify against source files

fvisagie

Hi All,

Quickly first, just to let you know that I love ImgBurn, and that it is one of the "Hero Applications" ;) in my DVD authoring tool chain.

On to the topic. As I understand it, ImgBurn Verify can be invoked in one of two ways: as auto-verify (e.g. during a burn process), or manually at any time.

The auto-verify does a fine job for me, especially since it compares against the specified source files.

However, if for some reason it becomes necessary to manually compare a burned disc against the source (say you or the process had gotten interrupted), the only way I could find was to: first load the source, write an ISO image, then use that as Verify source.

Therefore, I would be delighted if you were to implement the following: load source (as with Burn process), Verify.

[EDIT]

Just to be more complete here, this would of course make most/only sense when "source" means the full .ibb project containing labels etc. which the burn was initially made with.

[/EDIT]

Thank you and kind regards.

Edited by fvisagie

It is checking the disc as a whole which you refer to that I'm concerned with - to ensure structure-related items like Layer Break and so on got correctly written.

This is what I understand the automatic Verify does after a burn, but doing this separately requires one first to manually create an ISO image with which to compare. And to remember to delete the <=8GB image afterwards!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.