Which Mode for Blu-ray Video burning? (Assuming Mode1 Data Type - correct?)

rjamesd

When Burning a Blu-ray Video from pre-prepared files (i.e. BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders), your Guide does not mention in the ImgBurn application Image Options settings tab which Data Type / Mode should be used for Blu-ray Video Discs.

Which mode is the required standard for producing standard Blu-Ray Video discs that will play on Blu-ray players?

Mode1/2048 or Mode2/Form1/2352?

ImgBurn does not suggest anything here.

I assume it is Mode1/2048 because Mode2 is used for certain types of CD. Am I correct?

Or are both supported in the definitive Blu-ray video standard? If so why?

By the way the guide is a little out of date: for example, in the Source panel there is a "Show Disc Layout Editor" which is not mentioned in the guide.

I have already searched this forum via the built in search tool and via google for the terms: Blu-ray mode1 video but not seen anything to answer my question. I am not sure whether the built-in forum search tool searches for posts with all terms specified (what I want) or with any of the terms specified (not what I want because this would give more unrelated topic posts)

Thanks in advance.

You're correct: only CD media support MODE2/* data type. This isn't mentioned in the guide because MODE1/2048 is the default setting in ImgBurn, and even if you try with MODE2/* you'll be warned by ImgBurn about the wrong setting ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.