CAN'T GET SONY OPTIARC AD-7240S TO BOOKTYPE AS THE PHYSICAL DISC TYPE

SLOVEHEART

I have read the guide on booktyping, and I have used a bitsetting fw for this sony optiarc ad-7240s drive from Liggy & Lee. I am using BD Rebuilder to make dvd9 discs - and I am trying to get imgburn to not set the booktype to dvd-rom, as this is not what I've read is good for BD to DVD9 encoded disks to be read in players. So I have my bitsetting by NEC Win Flash to dvd+r dl and I have unchecked auto booktype change in Imgburn write settings, but when I use the build mode I still get a DVD-ROM booktype. What do I have to do to get it changed, the drive is a sony, not a NEC, so I don't see how I can use advanced features to set booktype - can anyone offer some help with this??? :innocent:

Edited by SLOVEHEART

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optiarc = Sony + NEC

Wherever you read that, it's wrong information: DVD+R DL media booktyped to DVD-ROM is more compatible with DVD devices of all kinds.

This is so true, in fact, that most burners automatically booktype DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM by themselves (it's set to do so in their firmware), which is probably why yours is being booktyped even though you disabled that option in ImgBurn's settings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optiarc = Sony + NEC

Wherever you read that, it's wrong information: DVD+R DL media booktyped to DVD-ROM is more compatible with DVD devices of all kinds.

This is so true, in fact, that most burners automatically booktype DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM by themselves (it's set to do so in their firmware), which is probably why yours is being booktyped even though you disabled that option in ImgBurn's settings.

just recently sony hastaken over complete control of optiarc, contrary to your wiki info, if I find the info link I'll post it - it use to be a joint venture - not anymore...

If you've unchecked the auto booktype option in ImgBurn, just change the permanent DVD+R DL settings via the NEC tab in the book type setting feature within ImgBurn.

You'd also need to make sure the permanent one is the 'active' one - again via that same feature.

IT WORKS, THANKS Lightning :D:P

Edited by SLOVEHEART

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.