Anybody have any idea about this access violation ?

davexnet

There seems to be an issue with your sound card or sound card driver. Try disabling the sounds from the settings of Imgburn if error message goes away then u should check your sound card driver or sound card hardware for integrity. If the those drivers and hardware are fine you might want to close other programs using the sound card.

A simple google search returned this for a possible solution: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=32

Regards.

Do you get that if you simply open and close the program or is it just after a burn?

If it's just after a burn, are you burning an image or burning some files/folders?

How exactly are you selecting the image or files/folders to be burnt? Are you using the 'browse' buttons or are you using drag+drop?

If you're burning file/files, are you using std or advanced build mode?

The more info you can give me, the easier it is for me to try and help.

I assume you're using v2.5.0.0 btw? Make sure you are because I can't help with old versions.

Paladin77 - I disabled Imgburn's sounds but otherwise left my work flow as it was and did one additional burn - the problem did

not occur. I'll do some more tomorrow to see if it''s repeatable. Perhaps I'll use a RW so I can try and narrow it down.

Lightning UK - I'm running the most recent version. It only occurs after a burn, just opening and closing the program

does not cause the error.

My work flow is quite simple. From the opening screen I select write files/folders to disk.

I click on the disk layout editor and drag and drop my files into the expanded window.

Close the editor, and burn the disk. While it's burning I select the "verify" button.

After the burn / verify is complete I close the program and the error usually occurs.

However, it didn't always appear. I guess that makes the thing above with the sounds

a potential red herring.

I'm not sure what I did differently, but I'll experiment some more

tomorrow.

Did u check your sound card driver? Is your sound card working? As I said check the link in my post for other fixes.

Cynthia: Good find :) but as u can see this update has been released since 2005 so it should be included as part of the service packs (service packs in windows XP are cumulative unlike Windows Vista). Unless they aren't installed correctly (SPs that is) don't think it will make a difference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480

Might be worth a try to re register the .dll file.

Search for this file in your computer Comctl32.dll

Then open up the run option in Windows.

write (change to path to whatever it's in your system)

Regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\comctl32.dll

I believe it's actually related to drag + drop.

Add the same set of files using the browse boxes instead (i.e. don't use ANY drag+drop at all) and see if you get the issue.

I don't even think you need to go through with the burn, just do some drag+dropping and then close the program.

Unable to add the same set of files (they've already been deleted). But I'll keep and eye on it.

If it reoccurs, I'll close the program and start testing with the same files.

So far, trying to recreate the problem with some new files has not succeeded (program closed normally without error)

Regarding trying to register comctl32.dll, the system tells me that the entry point DLLregisterServer was not found.

Seems this is a file not eligible for self registering. However, I did re-register comctl32.ocx, not sure how/if they're related.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.