Write Mode Miscompare?

dr_ml422

What's this Miscompare all about? Only does it on my Samsung. Here's the log w/my Pioneer DVR 112d burning same media. Thnx.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 - Log

; Thursday, 17 September 2009, 11:33:14

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 11:32:12 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 11:32:12 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:32:12 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,992 KB - Available: 1,643,100 KB

I 11:32:12 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:32:12 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:32:12 Found 1 DVD

Write speed miscompare is when the selected write speed isn't the same speed reported by the burner at the time of burning. It can be caused due to selecting a write speed that doesn't match any of the speeds reported by the burner, or, as in your case, due to probably a bug in the burner's firmware.

well I dl'd the firmware from Lightning's Firmware site. I have the latest. Can it also be the burner not working well w/certain media? That happens also? If you think it's a firmware issue then do you suggest going back to previous firmware? If so how? Thnx mmalves.

It seems to be bug in the firmware because 24x is listed as supported, ImgBurn sends the command to set write speed to 24x, and yet the drive chooses to use 16x. I wouldn't worry about this though :unsure:

Are the discs working OK? They aren't skipping or anything, are they?

no not that I've heard. funny if I select 32x it goes to 24x and so forth. do you guys recommend going back to previous firmware, or this not too much big deal? what's usual course?

Thnx Lightning. The Samsung's are very good drives. That's been the only quirk really that I noticed by way of the logs. No problems w/playback on DVDs or CDs. That .cue and Queue is a relief for lack of a better word. After organizing the files you want and saving the Queue. you're set.

Btw on the FASTREPLY is the cursor suppose to automatically appear in the reply window? Mine doesn't here. It does in DVF and the other forums.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.