ibq. files don't show up.

dr_ml422

Hi I saved a couple of queues to the .ibq file format, and now that I want to load and/or open them I get a "Invalid or unsupported image file format!" "Reason: 1st Image file part is less than 2048 bytes in size." What's this all about? The saved queue files are in the same folder w/the .mp3's and .cue files. I don't know what's happening.

Also tells me files no longer exist or have been renamed. would I like to look in another location for the files. There isn't a other location.

Edited by dr_ml422

Ok. I'll try this out mmalves. brb.

Well it'll load some .ibq files now and the other one it won't cause the .mp3 files are not there or anywhere on the drive. this can't be changed so that only .cue files can load w/out the .mp3 files? Also it'll load 1 saved queue, but when I go to load another one it'll erase the 1 I loaded previously and replace it w/the new load. Can't I load up as many saved queues as I want to burn w/ImgBurn?

Edited by dr_ml422

Hi Lightning. Yes my system shows all files and they even show up in the window that you click open to put them in the Queue. It'll only load 1 queue at a time and erase previous 1 if I add another 1 to be able and burn more files. So if the .mp3's are no longer around then the .cue files made of them are no use for the queue either?

It'll only load any saved queues w/the load queue button? Why can't I open up the .ibq file just by selecting it in the queue window? It's a supported file. Also I can't load but 1 saved queue at a time? This can't be as different music files are saved according to their genre. I'm thrown off by this.

Ok I read the guides which just say what the setting will do, and no where does it mention being able to load several .ibq files at a time. I threw my whole saved queue folder I have saved in my external drive and it will only load the same 1 and not all saved queues in it. So what's suggested? Burn 1 queued file at a time instead of having all files there ready to burn and put on discs? The purpose of the queue is to be able to load as many files as you want so you can burn them w/out having to go open the window again and insert more files correct? Let me know where I'm wrong here please. Thnx.

Edited by dr_ml422

If you no longer have the MP3 files where a CUE file expects them to be, loading an IBQ which references that CUE file will of course cause the program to error out.

An IBQ file is basically a dump of what's currently in the 'Write Queue'. There is only 1 'Write Queue' and therefore if you load an IBQ it replaces whatever's currently in that 'Write Queue'.

Whilst it's trivial for me to change that behaviour, I'm not sure I want to as (in my mind) it's working as intended.

An IBQ is not a list of image files you want to burn. It's a text dump of the program's internal structures for the 'Write Queue'.

So basically, there is no way to just keep adding lists (each containing multiple images) into 1 huge write queue.

Oh and no, you don't have to use the 'Load Queue' button. It works just fine if you browse to the IBQ via the normal browse button in the main window or in the write queue window.

What I don't understand here is *why* you have lots of queue files? Really their intended usage is just to preserve the status of the queue should you need to reboot or something in the middle of a long run.

If you're doing something like making an IBQ for Monday's images, another for Tuesday's images..... it simply won't work if you try to then burn all of them on Sunday in one go.

You would instead need to have a single queue which you start on Monday + add images + save, then load up again on Tuesday + add more images + save, load up Wednesday + add more images + save etc etc.

You can of course open all the IBQ's in notepad or whatever and merge their contents that way.

Oh ok. I didn't know this. I thought it was a function to save like a set a files that you could load at will at any time and burn. That way you have all of them in a .ibq in a set order so you won't have to search through the cue files and make another .ibq like the last one. You know, sometimes you want to go back and burn lets say a cd for a friend w/a certain list of songs, so you just go to the .ibq and it'll be there saved.

I guess there's a project manager which I've seen/read about that serves that purpose? Or is that a temporary fix to a current burning session as well? Thnx. If the project saves certain files as long as you want to be burned whenever then that's what I've been looking for and have misconstrued the .ibq as affording that option.

If you're burning a list of songs you either use a CUE file (which controls the order of the tracks on a CD Audio disc and is only used in Write mode) or you use an IBB file (for an MP3 data disc which doesn't really have a track order and is used in Build mode). The IBQ file has nothing to do with anything.

The Write Queue (IBQ) is used when you're burning lots of disc images (and therefore multiple discs) in one go. I doubt there's ever a real need to burn them in a certain order (assuming they're not for a series of something). Likewise, you wouldn't make an IBQ if you only have 1 image queued up... that would be totally pointless!

No not the IBQ file and burning those in order. I mean making a .cue file w/various songs from various artists and saving that for future copies. I now know that I would just have to make the .cue file w/all the songs I want and name it something so I know that's the 1 w/all the different songs/genre etc...

Btw I just burned a cd-r of a .cue file and it showed up as a audio file when I opened up the disc in my drive. ImgBurn makes straight up audio files now? I thought closest was wave file.

Yes, give the CUE a decent name that you'll be able to search for/find easily :)

I guess having a nice logical folder structure on your hdd for such things is also important.

Burning a CUE from audio files makes a CD-DA disc. It's the same as any other audio disc (like the ones you'd buy in a shop) and explorer will shows the tracks as little CDA files.

Of course the files aren't real on audio discs, it's just raw data but that's how Explorer likes to present it to the user.

Ok. That's what I thought. I became so involved w/the .ibq files that I totally forgot that's all I had to do was give the .cue a given name letting me know what I put together. I think I also burnt some audio files as is w/ImgBurn. I'm almost sure I did some mp3's straight onto a cd-r and to mp3 format. I'll look over the guide again. Lot to cover. Thnx. :thumbup:

Okie doke. I have to allocate some time for ImgBurn as well as 7 to get more acquainted w/at least most of its features. I'll prolly find I could do what I usually do w/more ease and efficiency. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.