CD Stuck in CD-ROM Drive

twipley

Well, the guy at the shop said he once saw a similar thing happen with Nero. He said that until he repairs it (which he suggested), I should not put it back in, because of the "infection isolation" thing he went on rambling about. Oh, and how are they called, again? I think "PC Squad," or something like that!

Edited by twipley

Well, the guy has run an "antivirus scan" on it, and repaired it. For $60 though, I could have done the same thing at home!

P.S. he said the CD had caught a "virus" while burning, risks CD face when burning, a little like humans when they move from hot to cold and then to hot again with air conditioning. PC repairers, you've got to trust them!

WTF THIS repairer GUY IS TALKING OUT OF HIS A$$. A CD caught a virus and that caused the drive to lock on the CD?! I have seen alot of BS in my career in IT from the so called computer "experts" and "repairers" or w/e the hell you call them. Do u realise how stupid what he said is? virus infecting CD affecting its face?! It is possible to create a milacious code to lock the drive and stop it from opening but for a virus to infect a disc or drive during burning, what kind of logic is that?

If you ask me dude you got ripped off; for $60 you can buy yourself a whole new drive instead of listening to illogical crap. Also bear in mind the virus that can lock the drive infects windows and not the drive itself as the drive is controlled by a firmware which any Kindergarten kid would tell you a firmware is a program that is written to the ROM (read only memory) chip of the drive. So for a virus to infect it it has to actually flash itself in the ROM break the firmware encryption devised by the manufacturer to protect its product from theft or unauthorized modding and then lock the drive which is entirely stupid.

Geez the amount of computer expert wannabes these days. :angry:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.