Overburning with DVD+R DL

bruce73

I'm assuming that ImgBurn will overburn dual layer discs, correct? I'm trying to burn an .mkv file to a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc that is ~25MB too large, using a Plextor PX-716A (external, firewire). I'm getting the following:

1)the "not enough disc space" warning, which I click OK/continue;

2)a "set LO Data Capacity Failed" warning, followed by an "incorrect paramater" box.

I cancel out, since I don't want to potentially waste a DL disc. If I just click "continue" would I be OK? Is the second warning just basically re-iterating the first? Or do I need to change some setting somewhere to allow the burn?

Even if you force the layerbreak at 2086912 (the maximum allowed by the DVD+R DL standard) in ImgBurn's settings I think the burn will error out right after sector 4173823, as DVD+R DL media has 4173824 sectors.

Have you thought about shaving those 25MB from the MKV (credits perhaps)?

Even if you force the layerbreak at 2086912 (the maximum allowed by the DVD+R DL standard) in ImgBurn's settings I think the burn will error out right after sector 4173823, as DVD+R DL media has 4173824 sectors.

Have you thought about shaving those 25MB from the MKV (credits perhaps)?

OK, thanks, I won't risk it.

Yes, I did think about losing the credits, which should be enough. Do you have a recommendation for a simple .mkv file cutter?

Never had to use one so I don't know of any :(

Have a look around with Google and I think you'll find something ;)

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, but only coming up with shareware stuff. I have MKVToolnix which will split according to time or size, so I would have to approximate. I'll figure it out. Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.