New Forum Software

Handler

I presume since there is no specific forum that addresses issues with the ImgBurn forum, that it falls into the general ImgBurn category.

Beside the rather sterile and boring look, the major drawback of this "new" forum software is that it doesn't mark thread links as read. That is the thread link doesn't show that it has been visited before by using an alternate color, so you have no idea which threads you've read and which ones you haven't.

Is there anyway the forum software can be configured, modified, replaced so that the VLINK color works?

P.S. The "Manage Topic Poll" button (above the compose window) runs the entire width of the window without changing the mouse pointer to indicate that the entire area is hot, that's broken, too.

Try the 'CleanCut' skin, you might like it a bit more.

Others will be added when they're made available by the InvisionBoard community.

Forums have never used a different colour for threads that have been read. That's what the pictures on the left are for.

The topic poll issue is a problem with the skin, no doubt it'll get fixed if someone has reported it over at the invisionboard bugs tracker.

Try the 'CleanCut' skin, you might like it a bit more.

It took a little while to find where to change it as it wasn't in the control panel, which in and of itself wasn't easy to find, but I did change it to the CleanCut skin and you are absolutely correct, it is much better.

Forums have never used a different colour for threads that have been read. That's what the pictures on the left are for

I would have sworn that the old forum showed the difference not only in the status icon, but with the thread link as well. It just seems natural to me[1] to have the VLINK assigned a different color, as can happen during heavy traffic, the status icons don't always load, thus still allowing for the user to know which threads have been visited.

[1] Use to use PICO to edit HTML some 15 years ago. :)

The topic poll issue is a problem with the skin, no doubt it'll get fixed if someone has reported it over at the invisionboard bugs tracker.

It doesn't seem to matter which skin is used, but if they are harvested from the same crop then it's understandable that they would suffer from the same problem. I just have to remember to keep the mouse pointer away from that area when switching from the text box to scrolling the page.

Thank you very much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.