ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Fixed italian translation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 >Chrys<

>Chrys<

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hi! I have fixed some errors in italian translation. Excuse me for the new topic but i can't reply in the official thread. :)

Example:
Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by >Chrys<, 18 November 2009 - 07:29 AM.

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

You need to have a certain number of posts to be able to reply to other peoples topics - it's to cut down on hijacking (which annoys me).

Unfortunately, it would actually be useful in this situation but I can't limit it on a per forum basis.

I have put your 'fixed' version on the website.

Regarding your thread over at 'www.hwupgrade.it', where you mention (several times!) about strings being truncated... there probably isn't anything I can do.

The English strings fit just fine (obviously) and that's all I care about. Sorry but I can't get bogged down with all the translations, it would be a nightmare!

I do my best to move controls and correct their lengths automatically where it's possible, but if a control is positioned to the right of the form or in-line with loads of others, I'm not going to kill the alignment just because a character or two gets cropped off. Use an abbreviation in the translation or find a different way to phrase it.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 >Chrys<

>Chrys<

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

You need to have a certain number of posts to be able to reply to other peoples topics - it's to cut down on hijacking (which annoys me).

Unfortunately, it would actually be useful in this situation but I can't limit it on a per forum basis.

Ok. Thank you for your interest! :thumbup:

I have put your 'fixed' version on the website.

Regarding your thread over at 'www.hwupgrade.it', where you mention (several times!) about strings being truncated... there probably isn't anything I can do.

My contribute to translation is only for give a hand to the italian translators. :)
This problem happen mainly in Windows Vista or Seven for the font Segoe UI.

The English strings fit just fine (obviously) and that's all I care about. Sorry but I can't get bogged down with all the translations, it would be a nightmare!

I do my best to move controls and correct their lengths automatically where it's possible, but if a control is positioned to the right of the form or in-line with loads of others, I'm not going to kill the alignment just because a character or two gets cropped off. Use an abbreviation in the translation or find a different way to phrase it.

A little suggestion (if possibly) for fix problem: could you set a word limit with suspension points and balloon tips. Example:

Edited with photoshop :D :

Posted Image

Thanks for all LUK! Imgburn is the best program! :thumbup:

Edited by >Chrys<, 27 November 2009 - 08:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users