XBOX DL Iso's

Chance

First off I wanna say thanks for the hard work on ImgBurn. It's so good to have kept most of the important stuff of the first program and have it evolve into this program it really rocks :)

Now onto my suggestion, I don't know how layer breaks and all work on Xbox games but I tried to backup my copy of RalliSport Challenge 2, imaging went well and burning also so I suggest it has to do with layer breaks and all. (Yeah dvd5 type games work without problem).

So this would be a nice feature to add :)

Parallel Track Path or Opposite Track Path, so how the second layer is written in relation to the first......

For instance from inside to outside and then from the outside to the inside on the second layer = OTP

From inside to outside on both layers = PTP

I think :dunce: !! :lol:

LFC: Correct. :smartarse:

Nemesis:

DVDs (OTP or Opposite Track Path) read the top layer from the centre towards the outside and then re-focus the laser to read the second layer from the outside towards the centre.

Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 (PTP or Parallel Track Path) reads both the top and second layer outward from the centre. It was part of its copy protection as almost all burners write using OTP. Not being able to write PTP using a standard burner meant the copies would fail to work.

Having said that, I?ve never tried backing up a DVD9 XBox game because I don?t have one to test it with. If I can find a decent DVD9 XBox game (which is difficult at the best of times) I?ll buy it and have a crack at it.

Maybe PTP/OTP problems as with the PS2 ?

not, all XBOX(360) games are OTP.

you can get physical disc information @PSN FD021E (on layer 2), but is not possible to read it with a non moded firm or an original XBOX DVD connected to the PC.

LIGHTNING UK!:

a feature to manual set the layer breakpoint would be great :), aside of the use of PgcEdit

Edited by xt5

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on a program "xdvdfs-tools" used to make accurate ISOs from xbox dvds, the latest big "feature" of it is doing dual-layer ISOs, it calculates the right layer break sector and stuff, however it's still being tested, since it's a command-line program it's not quite as popular as other programs (GUIs), however i think it's the only one which does DL games correctly, that is, with files aligned towards the outer edge of the disc (IE the layer break), and making sure the layer break doesn't cut any file in two, etc.

If you're interested, and not scared of command-line tools, check hxxp://layouts.xbox-scene.com the DL version is 2.3 alpha2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.