Is ImgBurn able to burn and to verify with different speeds?

pstein

The maximum burn speed of my DVD recorder is (much) lower than the maximum read speed.

Is ImgBurn able to detect this and use the maximum read speed for after-burn-verifiy?

Or does ImgBurn use one speed for all?

It seems to me that ImgBurn always uses the write speed for the verification step as well.

Peter

Technically, the write speed is controlled by the 'Write Speed' box in Write mode and the verify speed is controlled by the 'Read Speed' box in Verify mode.

The current changelog for what will be 2.5.1.0 does contain this though:

Fixed: Verify/Read speed linked to Write speed issue with AD-7240S drive (and possibly others?)

Technically, the write speed is controlled by the 'Write Speed' box in Write mode and the verify speed is controlled by the 'Read Speed' box in Verify mode.

So that means: Even if I use only the "build mode" (I am burning only files on a DVD) the speed settings

of the "Write" and the "Verify" mode are taken. In other words: Prior to starting a "build" I have to select the

"Write" and the "Verify" modes and to adjust the speed settings. Later I switch to the actual "Built" mode to perform the burning.

Is this correct?

You don't need to change to the Write mode to change the burn speed: while in Build mode you should use the Device tab.

As for the Verify speed, yes, you choose it in the Verify mode and it'll be used for all Verify operations.

No, build mode has its own set of write speed options... as does discovery mode.

So really the only one you can't see right infront of you is the verify speed.

Once set, I very much doubt you'll have any need to mess with the verify option - it should be left at max.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.