Auto start running queue if ibq file on command line

XrX ca

OK, I've gone through the nice and simple .ibq format (Saved Queue)

(thanks for not using some obscure binary format, or using XML just cause it's a buzzword)

And it's very usefull to be able to create my own .ibq file (now that the wierdness in the queue under 1.2 seems to be fixed (Thank You))

My only question is:

Is there any way to autostart running through the queue if an ibq is on the command line? The combinations of /START /WAITFORMEDIA etc. I tried had zero success. Hey, those two clicks to get it started, are a REAL chore :rolleyes:

This is what I've determined is in the .ibq file, correct me if I'm wrong...

A header line containing

IBQ2

(Image Burn Queue Version 2 perhaps??)

followed by a number of lines each containing

Device|Speed|Copies|Delete|ImageFilename

Device:

Device Number (Zero Based) -1 for default.

Speed:

This seems to be the index number of the items in the speed drop down list, 4x is actually 4, but 56x is 17. again -1 for default

Copies:

Self explanitory except that 0 or -1 become 1 when the ibq is loaded (if you don't mean to burn the thing, don't put it in the file >_< )

Delete:

Delete image file when done, 1 = Yes, 0 = No

ImageFilename:

path to the image (now there's a real stretch :rolleyes:) If it doesn't exist or isn't a valid image the program complains, but still loads the rest of the list.

ie:

IBQ2

-1|-1|2|1|\\Xrxdata\dvdbk$\APR19_01.ISO

-1|-1|2|1|\\Xrxdata\dvdbk$\APR19_02.ISO

-1|-1|1|0|\\Xrxdata\dvdbk$\APR19_EMAIL.ISO

Burns 2 copies of and deletes the first two images, 1 copy of the last without deleting it.

For copies, if it's less than 1, it becomes 1. If it's greater than 100 it becomes 100.

IBQ via CLI is actually a 'no-no' at the moment.

The code that initialises the file passed via CLI is called before the code that initialises the devices - this was never an issue before as the file didn't rely on knowing about the drives. With IBQ2 files, it does.

Because no devices exist, you'll never be able to use anything other than '-1' for a device number.

I'm not sure why the /start thing isn't working for you though. I can only guess it's due to some race condition where it tries to start the burn before the files are initialised or something.

That said, when I just tried:

ImgBurn /src "E:\ImgBurn.ibq" /start

it worked fine, as did the same but with /waitformedia shoved on the end!

OK, figured it out, the problem wasn't that the options weren't working, but that the registry entry kept getting set back to the original value by the program so the options weren't being passed to it the next time an ibq was double clicked. Had me a tad confused (not that that's difficult to do)

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ibq\Shell\Burn using ImgBurn\Command]

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\ImgBurn\\ImgBurn.exe\" /MODE ISOWRITE /SOURCE \"%1\""

I was changing the command line in that entry to be /START /WAITFORMEDIA, and then the next time I went to use it wouldn't work because ImgBurn had set the value back to the default. Turned off the IBQ file association in ImgBurn and created the entry by hand and it then gets toasted when ImgBurn exits.

So created my own entry by hand

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ibq\Shell\Auto Burn Queue\Command]

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\ImgBurn\\ImgBurn.exe\" /MODE ISOWRITE /SOURCE \"%1\" /START /WAITFORMEDIA"

And things are happy.

While automatically maintaining the registry entries isn't necessarily a bad thing, it would be nice if it would leave entries with additional options on them alone, or at least prompt before replacing an existing entry with a different value. Then at least a person would know what was going on.

Oh, and while I'm whining, I'd add the ability to specify verification on an image by image basis in the queue to the wish list (Of course that would mean a change to the IBQ format so....).

Edited by XrX ca

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.