Acronis True Image

chewy

I use ImgBurn all the time to burn the Acronis images. Granted, most of my cases were images where I injected TI image files into the bootable disc image. But, I have burned the ISO's the Rescue Media creates to CD before with ImgBurn and they were fine. Maybe, the guy's trying to write to DVD's with the ISO's, as they're normally CD images? I know a few times with the images, I had to burn to CD-RW first, then, image back from the CD-RW's to a file to burn to DVD after adding the files to make it a DVD size. Then, imaging again, removing the excess files, and, finally, getting a DVD size image that would burn all the time. Plus, Alcohol's option to burn to DVD instead worked, and, I tended to use that more, since it was a time saver.

• 4 weeks later...

Can I lend my support to burning this type of file please? I know its not an ISO image - it doesn't seem to have a file system associated with it at all, just the data (which is usually compressed, but doesn't have to be).

Just a request/suggestion.

Regards

I don't really understand what I'm supporting!

Doesn't Acronis expect the tib file to be on the hdd somewhere as an actual file?

At the moment, it sounds like I'd be doing the same things as burning the raw content that is a RAR image to a disc. Nothing would then be able to open it again!

If Acronis really does create an image that's self bootable off a DVD, then yes, there is point to this whole thing. I however, could not find such an option within the program (but then I don't really use it ;) )

As I see it (from my little experience with the prog), it just a data file. Simple as that. Makes more sense to store it on external media than the hard drive it is supposed to be backing up in the first place! So it just needs something which can burn a plain old data file.

I know ImgBurn is not set up for this at the mo, nor may you ever want to consider it as an all purpose file burner.

But I'd sure trust ImgBurn to burn this file better than Ner0, if it could handle it.

Regards

Ah well support for burning files is actually almost done!

We now have a new 'Build' mode :)

With files so large though, it would probably only work with just UDF as the filesystem - of course if it's only a single layer burn, ISO9660 might be enough.

Fortunately the prog allows you to split into DVD sized chunks if the file is too big.

Looking forward to the new feature. Thanks.

Regards

What support for .TIB? You can't do anything with it other than burn it to a disc as a simple data file. It doesn't do anything. :) It's not bootable. TI now makes bootable images of the recovery media to ISO files for storage on the HD that ImgBurn can burn. (I have used it to burn them and tested them. UltraISO can even edit them to add the .TIB's to the image and those burned images boot. The .TIB can be restored from them, too.

However, be aware that the boot environment for TI is Linux, so, make sure your file split size in TI is under 2 GB. I use 1.5. One thing I like that Acronis programmed into that field is it can convert "1.5 GB" into the KB most other programs would tell you to convert to on your own. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.