Burn AVI Files To DVD

Tekker

Hi all,

I'm trying to burn some AVI files recorded with a digital camera to a DVD that will play in DVD players. Looking around online I came across this program, but after looking through the tutorials and searching on this forum, I haven't yet found out how to do this.

Can ImgBurn be used to accomplish this? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction for tutorials to follow. If ImgBurn can't be used to do this, can anyone recommend another (preferably free) program that will do this?

Thanks,

-tkr

You need to convert them to DVD Video format first if your stand alone player can't play .avi files directly.

Here is one free program that can do the task + it will use ImgBurn for the burning part.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

Awesome! Thanks, I will give it a try.

And I forgot to mention in my original post, is it also possible to make a start up menu screen (where you can select which video to watch)? This isn't totally necessary and I can certainly make do without it, but it'd be nice to have if possible.

Thanks again,

-tkr

And I forgot to mention in my original post, is it also possible to make a start up menu screen (where you can select which video to watch)? This isn't totally necessary and I can certainly make do without it, but it'd be nice to have if possible.

It's possible to add menus in DVDFlick. :)

Woohoo! It worked. :)

I used DVDFlick to convert the videos because it was free and from what I found ConvertXtoDVD costs $50.

I got the main menu to work also and I'm very happy with the results.

Thanks again Cynthia and LIGHTNING UK!

-tkr

Edited by Tekker

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.