OTP Versus PTP...help with ImgBurn Error

HereToday

Pretty much. Daemon Tools is great for running all kinds of disk images from the HD (and it supports loads of them). Its secondary use is for emulating copy protection on game CDs like SecuROM, allowing the game to be run without having to have a CD in the drive once an image has been created. Personally, I use UltraISO (as L_UK suggested above) for all my ISO creation, editing or whatever. Last year I created a 150gig or so ISO with UltraISO and mounted it into Daemon Tools just for the hell of it and it worked like a charm.

The post has taken a different direction from my original but I wanted to bring it back to say thanks for all of the help everyone has provided. I have finally been successful in my efforts. My Plextor 716A was definitely the culprit. I have a new Mad Dog 16x3DVD9-8X (or, in other words, an NEC 4550A) and it works like a champ. I am 6 for 6 with no errors so far and on the Ritek DL media to boot! :D Seems like this is a pretty solid drive (hope so since I spent 3+ hours researching here and on cdrinfo).

I do need a little bit of additional help though...in the process of getting to a solution I bought a Plextor 755SA. I then realized that my system had all of the SATA's via a Promise 378 which is notorious for not properly supporting optical drives. So, I bought a Silicon Image 3x12 based SATA PCI card. After installing the drivers I started getting system lock ups (IRQ issues I believe) and the like. I also started getting the error described here (which I had never gotten before):

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtop...OControl+Failed

The question is this...Does anyone know how I can strip the SI SATA drivers from my system?

As for the 755SA...I have a PATA2SATA motherboard adaptor on its way that is purported to have very good optical drive support since it's the type that just plugs into the IDE port on the MB. I plan on keeping both drives around if this solution works out. Otherwise the Plex is on it's way back to BB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.