ImgBurn Log window

Jitdor?

This is a cosmetic problem since the DVDDecrypter days so I think I'll just bring it up today.

On non-English Windows OS, certain symbols don't get displayed correctly in the log window of ImgBurn. An example is the "?", as in "DVD?RW", will be displayed as a funny but meaningless character in my CHT language Windows XP: (DVD崇W instead of DVD?RW)

post-3021-1145970843_thumb.png

Not really a big issue, but as an interface designer, such a minor imperfection can be quite a distraction. So if it can be corrected in the next release, it'd really be great.

I'm not sure how to test and see if that symbol can/is supported!

I guess I could check the regional settings and only use that symbol if it's set to 'english (something or other)'. Even then, I'm not sure if that would make it worse for other people who would then be forced to see '+-' or something.

I'm not sure how to test and see if that symbol can/is supported!

I guess I could check the regional settings and only use that symbol if it's set to 'english (something or other)'. Even then, I'm not sure if that would make it worse for other people who would then be forced to see '+-' or something.

Will making the texts within the log window Unicode instead of ANSI help?

Seems to me the localized OS interprets multibytes in ANSI strings differently than the English OS. And it's decoded according to the system codepage when a multibyte character is encountered.

If possible, you can send me a testing/debug build and I'll report the results.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.