Hi, again.

JasonFriday13

Yes, it has been ages since I was last on here. the number of computers I now have has gone up to five (an ancient AMD K6-2 for my file server and internet proxy, performance computer, soon to be HTPC computer, audio recording computer, and the computer my parents are borrowing. Did I mention the Nvidia ION netbook that will join when I have the money?). And if you remember my old MR2 (1987 AW11 supercharged 5sp) was given the flick in March 2009, and got a 1989 SW20 GT (turbo) in September 2009 (red, with targas, of course).

My main computer now contains a Asus P5Q-EM motherboard, Intel E6600 processor, Corsair HX520 power supply, Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 4GB memory (a rare 4x 1GB kit), Nvidia 9800 GX2 graphics card, Seagate 320GB SATA harddrive, with a 200GB partition for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (thanks to a mate in the computer industry, I got it free 10 days after release :)), and an 80GB partition for Ubuntu 9.10 x64. The cpu is currently overclocked from 2.4Ghz to 3.2Ghz (33%), which makes my memory run at 1066Mhz. And I have a nice ViewSonic 22" Full HD monitor to polish it all off.

My next build consists of Antec Skeleton case, Core i7, quad SLI, and as much DDR3 memory as the motherboard allows. Motherboard will be from Asus, haven't decided which board yet. Memory will probably be from Corsair, same with the power supply. Just recently bought an adapter clip for mounting my Zalman CPNS9500 LED onto Core i7 motherboards.

Still have no trouble from ImgBurn, runs fine under Ubuntu 64 bit, as well as great on windows 7 64 bit. My brother isn't a computer nerd, but he uses ImgBurn to burn DVD+R's. He loves it :).

I have gotten back into programming again. I have started work on a 64 bit only proxy designed to run on Windows 7. I already have the main window opening and terminating correctly. I have called it Proxy64 and is being developed in C. I am using Visual Studio 2008 SP1, with the MSDN installed and the Windows SDK installed. I will be using NSIS as the installer. I got my first programming taste in Visual Basic in 2003, then moved on to Visual C in 2005.

Anyway, good to be back. Comments welcome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.