disk copies, but does not play in all DVD players

kschwi

I have a DVD-R that only play in one of my three DVD players. In the other two the beginning appears but that is it. (It may even skip top the end) I thought perhaps it was the disk and copied it but no luck. I also tried to use the build mode from the Video_TS folder and the same thing occurs. This is the only disk I have this problem with. Any ideas as to why it won't play in most DVD players? THe one it works in is not brand new it is probably a half dozen years old and there is nothing remarkable about it.

we need more infos here... were not claivoyants :P

is it a bought DVD from the store?

or its a movie u got from the internet than burn it to DVD?

This is not a commercial DVD. It is an old football highlight film that was probably originally recorded on VHS and then burned to DVD.

Post the log from when you've copied and burned.

I made two copies a few months back. Not sure I can pinpoint when and then find it in the log. Is there anyway to check the disk?

Edited by kschwi

Post the log from when you've copied and burned.

I made two copies a few months back. Not sure I can pinpoint when and then find it in the log. Is there anyway to check the disk?

I'm not sure I made this clear but the original I had was the same way. Both the original and the copies will only play in one of my DVD players. It will not play in the other two DVD players I have including my newest one. I have someone interested in it, but am not sure he'll be able to view it.

If the original doesn't work either then this is nothing to do with ImgBurn - and that's what this forum is here for.

The most obvious things to check for are things like region code, tv system, general structure of the DVD.

Run it through PgcEdit and see if it flags anything up.

Then post on a more generic DVD help forum like Doom9 / VideoHelp.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.