Would you burn at 24x to a 16x disc?

aarste

Just wondering what are others opinions on this matter. The highest speed media on svp.co.uk is only 16x, and I recently got a new Sony Optiarc DVD±RW AD-7241S as part of my new custom build, which can write at 24x on both -/+ DVD formats.

Would you burn at 24x to a 16x disc? Or is the risk of coasters still present?

Did the program show you that can burn at 24x on that media? If it not showing that speed available even if you select 24x it will be burnt at closest speed available, that could be even under 16x that is shown on the media, if that media is not well supported in the burners firmware.

Thanks ianymaty and Cynthia, the results look good assuming low jitter % is a good thing :) I use 16x Verbatim MCC-004-00 so it should give equally good results from your graph benchmark at http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=10843&st=20&p=107615entry107615 too.

I will flash to 1.3 as it came as 1.2 and give it a go tomorrow in ImgBurn. I assume I should choose MAX, or go with 24x for a test run? I normally use AWS with MCC-004-00 media ID limited to 12x to be on the safe side, but probably not necessary anymore.

Edited by aarste

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.