Option to re-sort queued images in alternate order

Chetwood

It would be nice to be able to click on the "Name" bar in the ImgBurn Queue window to list queued isos from Z to A (or vice versa) as you can do in explorer. Selecting all files after pressing "Add" would come up with this queue:

My.favourite.show.1.1.iso

My.favourite.show.1.2.iso

My.favourite.show.1.3.iso

My.favourite.show.1.4.iso

My.favourite.show.1.5.iso

My.favourite.show.1.6.iso

My.favourite.show.1.7.iso

which I'd rather like to look like this:

My.favourite.show.1.7.iso

My.favourite.show.1.6.iso

My.favourite.show.1.5.iso

My.favourite.show.1.4.iso

My.favourite.show.1.3.iso

My.favourite.show.1.2.iso

My.favourite.show.1.1.iso

That way one can start burning with the last number and thus easily drop the burned media into it's cakebox in the correct order to minimize the risk of scratching flipped discs lying around on my desktop. Thanks.

Ok, I've done it so it works like explorer. Click once sorts asc, click again and it sorts desc.

Trouble is, getting that little arrow on the column header is a pain and I'm not sure I can be arsed to work out exactly how to do it!

Trouble is, getting that little arrow on the column header is a pain and I'm not sure I can be arsed to work out exactly how to do it!

Thanks but I don't really need that arrow cause I realize the order from looking at the titles. And as long as ascending is default, ppl should not get confused by it since they most likely won't try it.

They're actually only sorted when you select a bunch of them in the 'open' dialog box or via drag + drop. No actual sorting is applied to the list unless you click the header or choose the option to sort off the context menu.

btw, found out how to add the arrow now ;)

They're actually only sorted when you select a bunch of them in the 'open' dialog box or via drag + drop. No actual sorting is applied to the list unless you click the header or choose the option to sort off the context menu.

Mmh, so my "explorer" window, besides being set to list view, is on auto-sort or what? Cause all I do is press "Add", jump to the dir with all my isos in it and then do a CTRL-A to select all (beats picking them file by file) which then get added in that particular order shown in my initial posting.

That's the open box. If you added one by one (i.e. Click 'Add', select file, click ok. Click 'Add', select file, click ok. Click 'Add' etc etc), in a random order, they'd appear in the list in a random order. That's the point I was trying to make.

The list itself is not sorted automatically.

Adding a bunch of files at a time (from a single 'open' dialog box) DOES sort JUST those files alphabetically (but that's before they're physically added to the list).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.