ImgBurn 2.5.1.0 Installer

Keith Weisshar

"Ad," as per WordNet: "a public promotion of some product or service." Thus, it was "one dim day" in the history of ImgBurn. But now, it's all fixed!

The financial support coming from the Ask toolbar will probably contribute to reimbursing the years of time you've dedicated to this project.

Lightning UK! used (perhaps unconsciously) the "door-in-the-face technique": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique

Everything considered, I am respecting your choice. People installing programs too fast will be the ones "paying" for ImgBurn -- fair for all of us.

At least they explain lower down what that actually means.

Becoming 'Ad-supported' or whatever wasn't something that even crossed my mind. ImgBurn is still free and apart from my f... up yesterday with the 'Tools' menu stuff, it hasn't changed. In my mind, 'Ad-supported' would be for things like Windows Live Messnger and Yahoo Messneger where REAL (and ever changing) adverts are visible all the time in the GUI.

I don't condemn a program because of what its installer does or doesn't do. To me, they're totally separate apps - although one is obviously a means to getting the other.

You spend 30 seconds in the installer - you can spend days, weeks or even months in the actual app.

seriously, i can deal witht the installer...

but in the app itself, i kinda freaked out...

especially since i know your usually reluctant to change stuff in your baby (imgburn)

when i saw those items under the tools menu, i was in shock :teehee:

Edited by eSkRo

I still like the idea of the 'Scan for outdated drivers' one as it's very valid where burning is concerned and we frequently tell people to look for updated drivers - as I'm sure you already know/have seen.

Still, until there is a 'free' solution for such a thing, I guess we'll have to live without it.

Website is certified by VeriSign!!

You do know that such certification doesn't mean squat, right? Anyone who can put up the money they demand for it can have that "certification" :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.