Support for Sonic/Prassi PX Engine I/O

fordman

I have "user only" access to computers that only have the Sonic (formerly Prassi) PX engine I/O installed, and in user mode access to Microsoft's SPTI is blocked, so no new programs, like ImgBurn, can use it. This was not an issue with Windows 2000, but apparently is with Windows XP.

I realize that there are other options, like ElbyCDIO and Patin-Couffin support, but like regular ASPI support, I don't have access to those either. Would it be difficult to add support for the PX engine? This seems like a very widespread interface....

Regards,

Ford Man

Edited by fordman

I can't imagine sonic/prassi providing me with the specs for how to use it....so it's highly unlikely this will ever happen. Feel free to contact them on my behalf though!

Lots of apps use the burning sdk from sonic/prassi, that's why it seems widespread.

It's quite possible a version even comes built into windows.

I can't imagine sonic/prassi providing me with the specs for how to use it....so it's highly unlikely this will ever happen. Feel free to contact them on my behalf though!

Lots of apps use the burning sdk from sonic/prassi, that's why it seems widespread.

It's quite possible a version even comes built into windows.

Ahhh, OK. It sounds like one might need to purchase the SDK to be able to interface with it then.

Well, if other's haven't requested it, I certainly wouldn't make it a priority for ImgBurn!

I'll look for a workaround.

Thanks,

Ford Man

P.S. Version 1.3.0.0 seems to be firing on all cylinders for me!

Edited by fordman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.