lose the Ask Toolbar

Hey all ... was sorry to see the Ask Toolbar become part of the installer with ImgBurn 2.5.1.0 ...

Besides being twice as big a file to download, the new installer has a habit of displaying a blank GUI (following the Start Menu folder name selection GUI) while still inviting one to 'Install' ... if you just wait there long enough though (while the Ask Install Checker 1.4.0.0 seeks an internet connection and tries to go out past [in this case, ZA Free 8.0.298.000 on XP Pro SP3 / IE6] your s/w firewall - I 'Deny'ed it permission), the Ask Toolbar options eventually appear and can be de-selected before continuing with the install/upgrade.

In any event, I love ImgBurn and have been using it / its' predecessor since DVDD3230, so, don't take this the wrong way, it's just a suggestion.

FFF

This may be crazy, but I don't mind the Ask toolbar in the installer (as it's optional) and I've turned Ads on on the ImgBurn website!

Why? Well who am I to deny a fellow programmer, who produces a fantastic tool and provides excellent support for free, the reward of a few pennies? :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.