Imgburn 2.5.1.0 will not open using windows 7

evisu911

I have been using imgburn fine on my computer running windows 7 pro. I updated to Imgburn 2.5.1.0 today from one of the mirror sites on Imgburn.com and now when i click on Imgburn to run the start menu pops up for a second then closes straight away. Now if i uninstall Imgburn 2.5.1.0 and use the one before it works fine. Dose anyone know why this is happing when using Imgburn 2.5.1.0.

I'm using it on Windows 7 and never saw that happen. Do you get to see the splash screen? What about ImgBurn's main window?

The splash screen comes up on my screen and says loading imgburn then when the main window pops up it closes it self.

No error at all?

Check 'Event Viewer' or something and see if anything gets logged in there.

I have checked event viewer and there are no errors showing in there. All other versions work fine on my computer just not the latest one 2.5.1.0 thats what i cant understand what is differnt between the other versions and the 2.5.1.0. As soon as i open up imgburn 2.5.1.0 the front screen with the options to burn make iso etc just closes on its own.

No error at all?

Check 'Event Viewer' or something and see if anything gets logged in there.

I have checked event viewer and there are no errors showing in there. All other versions work fine on my computer just not the latest one 2.5.1.0 thats what i cant understand what is differnt between the other versions and the 2.5.1.0. As soon as i open up imgburn 2.5.1.0 the front screen with the options to burn make iso etc just closes on its own.

Guys i have just sorted out this problem. Turned my antivirus off and tried to open imgburn 2.5.1.0 and it opens ok with no errors at all. I am using Bitdefender 2010 is there anyway i can use Imgburn 2.5.1.0 with out turning my antivirus off as i do not like doing this, and do you have any idea why it would be conflicting with my antivirus.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.