DVDD For the newbies,........like me

travelboysteve

Yup, that's right, I just upped and walked away.

:whatever:

Hey LUK and all the folks here, It's good to see the familiar "site" names. I've been busy doing life and recently found out the demise of our dear departed friend DVDD. I have the IMGBurn and love it, thank you LUK and everyone else for all your dilligence and support. I always get the solutions from you guys I'm looking for when I need them.

For the "Newbies" like me,.... I can't stress it enough either,.....read the directions carefully,.....you'll find what I did. A beautiful software program that enables you to back up your cherished memories to DVD, period. No one here will straight tell you how to commit a crime. LUK has been through the ringer.

Stop harrassing those who spent years giving you, yes, giving you free of charge you knuckleheads, a way to do things you had to and still have to pay for.

LUK, we have a mutual business acquaintance I understand, so now you have my undying loyalty for sure. (and donations)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's not much I can add to that except the dollars I send Lightning's way. That's the best tribute any of us can give him for all he does. But this is quite nice. :thumbsup:

Yup, that's right, I just upped and walked away.

:whatever:

Hey LUK and all the folks here, It's good to see the familiar "site" names. I've been busy doing life and recently found out the demise of our dear departed friend DVDD. I have the IMGBurn and love it, thank you LUK and everyone else for all your dilligence and support. I always get the solutions from you guys I'm looking for when I need them.

For the "Newbies" like me,.... I can't stress it enough either,.....read the directions carefully,.....you'll find what I did. A beautiful software program that enables you to back up your cherished memories to DVD, period. No one here will straight tell you how to commit a crime. LUK has been through the ringer.

Stop harrassing those who spent years giving you, yes, giving you free of charge you knuckleheads, a way to do things you had to and still have to pay for.

LUK, we have a mutual business acquaintance I understand, so now you have my undying loyalty for sure. (and donations)

and everyone in the parliment stood up and said here here and there was much nodding

Sadly, the only way you're going to get unanimity out of our Congress is when they vote to raise their own salaries. Which currently stand at just shy of $150,000/yr (80,000 pounds sterling).

For trivia's sake:

President: $400,000 (213,000 ps)

Vice President: $200,000 (106,000 ps)

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court $192,000 (102,000 ps)

Associate Justice of the Supreme Court: $178,000 (94,000 ps)

Cabinet Officer: $178,000

sorry kenadjian, your to honest to be a politician , besides, that wasent there salaries, it was the amounts they got fined last year for all the underhanded illegal things they caught doing :thumbup:

Thanks mate, I feel much better now. :lol:

sorry kenadjian, your to honest to be a politician , besides, that wasent there salaries, it was the amounts they got fined last year for all the underhanded illegal things they caught doing :thumbup:

Thanks mate, I feel much better now. :lol:

Illegal is an understatement and they get a slap on the wrist and a fine. If it was us we would be under the prison instead of in it. lol :swear:

Edited by a2j3

never been in the HOLE in my life Lfc :lol: . had a go in the state PEN though ( she was a nice girl really) , and never been in CLINK ( always cleaned them off first ) , did consider doing PORRIDGE , but that sounded a bit to kinky for my likeing

Fuckin hell, I must go into politics.

Sorry, Ken, but you're an honorable man. We don't allow honest, honorable folks into Congress. Occasionally, one'll slip into the White House, but Congress? =))=))=))=))=))=))

One of our most decorated Vietnam fighter pilots, Randy "Duke" Cunningham (and formerly my congressman and an acquaintance of my old man's) is going to prison for taking $2.4M in bribes from a developer. He's turned rat to shave time off his stay @Club Fed. If a man like "Duke" can fall from grace, then there ain't much hope for any of them.

LBJ, the man who turned Vietnam from a fuck up to a national disaster, went to Washington as a Congressman in 1937 without a dollar in his pocket.

When he left in 1970 he at $42M (probably $250M in today's money at least). I always thought my old man was bullshitting me. But when I was eloping with the first wife yrs back, I saw it. :o It's right on I-20 near Dallas.

Oh, and he also has an Interstate offramp that goes to the front door of his house (where his widow still lives).

When he was Majority Leader of the Senate (semi-equivalent to the Speaker of the House) in the 50s, if you had a bill you wanted passed, just to get it considered cost you $50,000. To get it passed? Start multiplying.

Edited by Pain_Man

They don't send them prison. They send them to freakin' country clubs. The worst thing that happens to them is, egads, they have to scrub a crapper. ON MY GOD! The HORROR!

We call these prisons for politicians and thieves in suits "Club Feds." Some of them have golf courses (!)

It's a goddamn joke.

If they started throwing them into Leavenworth or Terre Haute Federal Pens it might be a deterrent.

But no.

They let them keep most of the money they've stolen or taken as bribes. They send them to Club Fed for three or four years at most. Then they let them out to enjoy their ill-gotten gains.

In Vegas (I don't actually live in Vegas, but in a town 20 miles SE of the Strip) one of the city councilwomen, I should say former city councilwomen, has admitted to taking more than $300,000 in bribes.

She turned rat and she'll do at most about 44 months in prison.

But that ain't the best part. She only has to give back $50,000 of the bribes she took! It makes me :&.

That's why I tell my daughter if she wants to steal, she has to become a politician.

Illegal is an understatement and they get a slap on the wrist and a fine. If it was us we would be under the prison instead of in it. lol :swear:

Mmm volvo has been to that kind of prison before :poof:

=))

Prison is a lot like boxing - both have an endless stream of men wanting to punch you around the ring.

:bag:

One of my brothers-in-law (I have three) spends a lot of time in various correctional facilities. After being out of prison only 13 days he came here and got himself thrown into our County Jail for directing an undercover cop to a crack dealer. He just can't understand that this is illegal. :blink:

Other than a couple of fights, his biggest problem is that his "cellie" is a child molester with flatulence.

Not exactly the Tower of London in Henry VIII's day.

One of our most decorated Vietnam fighter pilots, Randy "Duke" Cunningham (and formerly my congressman and an acquaintance of my old man's) is going to prison for taking $2.4M in bribes from a developer. He's turned rat to shave time off his stay @Club Fed. If a man like "Duke" can fall from grace, then there ain't much hope for any of them.

Like this man, I can always learn. (how to be corrupt) :D

Like this man, I can always learn. (how to be corrupt) :D

Normally, the shennigans of politicos don't bother me much. But I really admired this guy. A genuine hero. And he trashes his whole life for fucking money.

It makes me want to puke.

I wish he taken out his medals before he took the money. Perhaps it would have reminded him that he did NOT fight over there, like you, so he could later abuse the position given him by the people.

58,000 Americans (and others) didn't die so he could take bribes.

Edited by Pain_Man

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.