The Picture Says It All!!!

Movie Junkie

Remember when PC got so fucking awful that PC had to infect the PC? Check your BIOS as Master and Slave no longer exist in most cases, replaced by Primary and Secondary. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I do DB, all I can say is that these people have too much time on their hands.

The sad part is, we tend to cop all this shit on chin, when is someone going to say, go away you moron, you're a fucking idiot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History is one of my passions. Especially Anglo-European history.

I used to be a political junkie, but the Left-Liberal media (sometimes mistakenly called "the mainstream media") now openly supports the Democratic Party and conspires with Democrats to publish lies about Republican candidates. The Clinton News Network is a prime example: in 1996, the President of CNN News helped the former Perjurer-in-Chief plan media strategy.

In 2004 the head newsreader--people who, in America, are laughably called "anchors"--of the Big Three tv network CBS (Communist Bullshit Service) conspired with a known kook to spread forged documents about President Bush's National Guard service. Despite the fact that four CBS document experts called the "evidence" forgeries". The font used in the forgeries was a Microsoft Word font that hadn't been invented until 1980--the documents purported to be from the mid-1970s. CBS went with the story anyway--the weekend before the election!

And there are so many examples of this kind of shit that I'm almost cured of my news addiction. Anything other than FoxNews or Rush Limbaught tends to make me want to puke.

But history, that's still my passion.

Fuck pain_man, you should be a poli or a historian.

No really, you seem to thrive on this stuff, I don't think I've seen anyone with your passion for this kind of stuff.

Edited by Pain_Man

As for woman voting, it depended upon the state or territory. Women had the vote in Wisconsin, for example, from 1855. But it was the XIXth Amendment that granted women the vote nationally.

Originally, only men with property--as having a stake in the community--were allowed to vote. Universal Manhood suffrage began in 1832 under Andrew Jackson (who ordered the eviction of the Cherokee Indians leading to the murder of my great-great-great grandmother).

Like England, the progress was slow and steady.

As for "Jim Crow" laws, African-Americans regularly voted until the 1890s when voter "literacy tests" and the like were implemented to strip blacks of the vote.

Like every country, there are things we are not proud of. Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Canada and Austrailia, to name a few, treated their natives no better than we did. As you read this, the Chinese conquest and colonization of Tibet goes on with mass murder, torture and oppression that make anything done on this continent look like a pic-nic.

History, however, is full of irony. Without the arrival of English colonists in Massachusettes in 1620 and the eventual marriage of one of my ancestors with a Cherokee woman, I would not be here today writing this.

Nothing is lost and everything is preserved, if only in our words and our genes.

Plus, even at the start, it was never really a Democracy, because, not everyone could vote. If you were black, poor, or a woman, you didn't get a say in the goings on where you lived. I mean, good god, it wasn't until 1920 century when a woman could "legally" vote! :huh:

hell I think it was 1924 before AMERICAN Indians got the vote and they were here first,and still in some states they were denied the vote New Mexico denied them that right untill 1962 ,if ever a group of people was fucked over by the government it was them ,sent to reservations where the land was so poor you couldn't grow weeds much less food

One of my best friends in the world is African-American. When all that of horseshit was going on, he was horrified.

In fact, I don't remember a single African-American who wasn't appalled at the whole idea. Talk about a nimrod idea. Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ!

do you remember when the Okland School District thought about teaching the teachers ebonics to better communicate with their students ,fucking morons ,Chris Rock said it best ,"theres a language you speak when you want a job and then theres the other language " :thumbup:

My kid's in kindergarten, and thankfully, the academic standard's she's being held to are higher than the description you give of the one's this sixth grader (?) is being held to.

A lot of it depends on the district and the teacher.

My daughter's got homework in kindergarten. That's something we didn't have in 1975!

a real life "Farenheit 451" they're so uptight and trying to be politically correct and not offend anyone ,then you have the morons that see everything as racist ,all these people need to get lives because much of the things that bother them are created in their own minds

PM you mention ignorant ,man they just keep lowering the standards in school to pass kids it doesn't matter if they learn anything ,challenge them more make them step up and do better ,I watched my friends 12 year old son while they went away for a weekend and asked him to see his homework ,OMG erasures ,crossing out words, misspellings ,penmanship you could hardly read he said it was acceptable with the teachers ,I said that might be but not with me, he did it over untill it was perfect he thinks I'm a tyrant :lol: When I went to school what he would turn in was scratch sheet stuff for us to be assembled and done right.They dont teach how to think they teach how to push a button it really sucks

If you want to hear the nursery rhymes done over listen to Andrew Dice Clay he put a different spin on them :lol:

The Electoral College (more on this below) has never elected someone president who didn't win a majority of the states.

But, it should be mentioned that a few times, the President has been elected that only received a plurality of the popular vote. Thus, the President won the electoral vote, which he had to have if he ever became President, naturally, but, lost the popular vote. Okay, actually, some of those times the popular voting was so close that it probably isn't really possible to say who won, due to when they occurred, like the 1880's. Which one of those was it that was called the Disputed Election? The one with Hayes? In fact, wasn't Cleveland defeated by a challenger who actually lost the Popular Vote, but, ironically, Cleveland won in the end by becoming the NEXT President after that? :lol: And, wasn't the 1960 election also debatable because of weird voting practices in one state? So, it could have been possible that Kennedy lost the popular vote?

Still, beats that mayorial election in Ecquador when a foot powder was actually elected. =))

Only in Democrat controlled places are people allowed to vote more than once.
I resent that implication. Hell, in FL (run by asshole King George's brother Jeb) if you were Democrat in some locations your vote didn't count! I'm sure you remember the Supreme's sucking King George's ass as they gave him the election. Edited by Movie Junkie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.